Nutrition Marketing & Outreach Spec Bright From the Start: Georgia DECAL
- Date Posted October 24, 2019
- Location Atlanta, GA
- Category Media
- Job type Full-Time
Bright from the Start is responsible for meeting the child care and early education needs of Georgia’s children and their families. It administers the nationally recognized Georgia’s Pre-K Program, licenses child care centers and home-based child care, administers Georgia's Childcare and Parent Services (CAPS) program, federal nutrition programs, and manages Quality Rated, Georgia’s community powered child care rating system.
The department also houses the Head Start State Collaboration Office, distributes federal funding to enhance the quality and availability of child care, and works collaboratively with Georgia child care resource and referral agencies and organizations throughout the state to enhance early care and education.Job description
Under supervision, assists in the planning, development and implementation of a marketing and outreach strategy. Develops various types of marketing materials and manages social media strategy. The Nutrition Marketing & Outreach Specialist will work closely with the Nutrition Services Marketing and Outreach Manager as well as various other managers across the Nutrition division.
Reliable attendance is an essential function of this position; consistent availability to work scheduled appointments and adhere to report deadlines is required.
- Assists in the implementation of marketing plans to increase awareness of/participation in the federal programs, the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- Writes, creates content, layout and design of monthly newsletters, policy updates, surveys, and general announcements
- Develops fresh story ideas
- Copyedit, proofread and revise communications
- Create and develop marketing promotional materials.
- Responsible for planning, content development, implementing and monitoring Nutrition’s Services Social Media strategy to increase program awareness.
- Design and launch email marketing campaigns
- Present and educate community members about DECAL’s Nutrition programs
- Assist with planning and organizing conferences, trade shows and events.
- Assist with developing strategies for identifying potential customers and determining most appropriate methods for contact.
- Assists in the selection of products and accessories to be displayed at conferences or special events.
- Assist with the planning, development, and execution of the marketing/outreach, media, training, and nutrition education activities and events (Includes assisting with set-up of venues, creating and disseminating marketing materials, assist with logistics onsite, etc.)
- Run routine reports and compile data.
- Assists with ensuring the Nutrition marketing/outreach costs are in line with agency priorities.
- Assist with identifying potential program partners. Familiarity with GIS desired.
- Conduct research about practices and national trends in other states
- Assist with drafting and proofreading written correspondence and policy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite (i.e., InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and Constant Contact and CANVA
- Ability to speak in front of small and large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the delivery of services and processes with accuracy and within federal and state requirements.
- Ability to instill exemplary customer service as a program foundational value and priority.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage own time, set priorities, meet deadlines, work without direct supervision, and contribute to team atmosphere.
- Experience working with diverse communities and sensitivity to needs and concerns of various participants.
Physical Requirements and Performance Aptitudes:
- Requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
- Requires the ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize, and/or analyze data. Includes exercising discretion in determining data classification.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Requires the ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving the evaluation of information against sensory, judgmental, or subjective criteria, as opposed to that which is clearly measurable or verifiable.
- Must possesses reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Statewide and out-of-state travel is required to assist with hosting events and/or attend training. Weekend work may be required.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following items below.
- Advanced level skill in the use of Excel
- Excellent business writing, organizational, and computer skills
- High level of skill in research and analysis with the ability to form conclusions and recommendations based on analysis