General Manager HaSalon
- Date Posted November 08, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
HaSalon is a Mediterranean restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen by Israeli Chef Eyal Shani. The restaurant is open for dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights by reservation only, with two seatings per evening. The first seating is elegant, quiet and calm. The second seating begins the same way, and then gradually builds until a party begins around 10:30pm. The party goes on into the evening with a DJ spinning a mix of Israeli and American music, dancing, and simply fun. The restaurant boasts an open kitchen, where our cooks use the freshest seasonal ingredients to prepare ultra high quality food, which blends with the atmosphere to create an experience unlike anywhere else in NYC. Mastering the balance between casual and upscale is key.
Chef Eyal Shani owns and operates nearly 20 restaurants worldwide, including Miznon in Chelsea Market and North Miznon on the Upper West Side. He is very well known in Israel, and is expanding to make his mark here in New York City.Job description
- Ultimate ownership of all restaurant operations. Must be extremely solutions oriented and an excellent problem solver. The GM is the core of the restaurant and the team.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Manage a team of 50 FOH staff including servers, floor managers, runners, hosts and bartenders. Responsibilities include training, salary and tips management, hiring/firing and scheduling (in conjunction with the AGM).
- Guest relations including conflict resolution and VIP relationship management (both traditional VIPs and regular guests). Coordinating with host team regarding email reservations.
- Oversee kitchen staff in tandem with the CDC and Kitchen Manager.
- Manage budget and P&L including vendor invoices, payment, etc.
- Ultimate management and white glove service for private events booking and sales including meeting with potential clients, selling events, etc. While this of course is not an Events Manager position, ownership of events is crucial.
- Personality is key. Must be charismatic, excited about what we’re doing, and excited about coming into work. We believe service is about the unconventional guest experience, not just dining by technical standards. This person should also be passionate about service and love their job.
Read: this is not a typical GM position. While the restaurant is only open for service 3 nights a week, this is very much still a full time job. Non-service days will be spent working on salaries, budget, private events, and preparing for the weekend ahead (of course, you will have time off as well). You are expected to manage your own schedule and take ownership over what needs to get accomplished.
- 3+ years of restaurant management experience
- Experience with upscale dining and guest relations
- Experiencing managing a budget and P&L
- Knowledge of Resy and Toast a plus