- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Pastry & Viennoiserie Breads Bakery
- Date Posted November 08, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Breads Bakery™ is a New York bakery dedicated to producing handmade breads using traditional baking techniques. We are passionate and take great pride in our craft and products, selecting only the finest ingredients and, when possible, using natural and organic ingredients.
At Breads, we value the community established through our employees, customers, and city; from our efforts to become a zero waste facility to our own rooftop bee hives, we always striving to improve in a meaningful way.
We are seeking curious, reliable and passionate people to join our tight-knit team!Job description
Position Responsibilities and Expectations:
• General mise en place for large-batch production and bake offs
• Mixing and sheeting laminated doughs, shaping and rolling doughs, and high-volume production
• Proofing, baking and finishing products in a fast paced and challenging environment
• Maintain a clean, safe and aesthetically pleasing space in accordance with operations and sanitation guidelines.
• Foster a positive work environment and commitment to Breads Bakery’s values.
A Candidate We Would 'Truly Love':
• Professional culinary or pastry training is preferred but any applicant with previous pastry and baking experience and knowledge will be considered (~1-year experience preferred)
• Must be able to work holidays and weekends
• Ability to work on your feet for full 8-hour shift and ability to lift 50+lbs
• Necessary documentation to legally work in the United States
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• DOH certification preferred but not required
• Exceptional time management and attention to detail
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
• Remarkable communication and interpersonal skills, strong problem-solving aptitude, and ability to multitask
• Benefits for full-time employees include medical, dental, and vision insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, paid vacation, significant store discounts and more.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineNovember 21, 2019