Cart Attendant / Cashier King David Tacos
- Date Posted November 25, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
King David Tacos is a woman-owned and Brooklyn-founded business, established in June 2016. We bring one of the best exports from Austin, TX to the daily lives of New Yorkers: breakfast tacos.
Before KDT, New York City (arguably the world’s center of food culture and influence) had been devoid of real breakfast tacos (arguably the perfect breakfast food) for too long. But beyond being Tex-Mex-obsessed, it is our belief that NYC is in need of better on-the-go breakfast.
KDT has reinvented the way a food business can enter the market, with wholesale, retail, and catering arms working in concert. We specialize in grab'n'go breakfast tacos that are simple and delicious, are created for everyday enjoyment without guilt, and are tailored to the fast-paced lifestyle and discerning tastes of New Yorkers.
The carts have garnered a loyal and growing fan base, and serve as the face of the company as our only brand-owned retail presence.
Our critically-acclaimed breakfast tacos are served grab'n'go style--tailored to the fast-paced mornings of New Yorkers. They are made fresh each morning at our commissary kitchen, wrapped individually, and kept hot on the carts.
We are looking for personable, outgoing, and reliable people to work at our cart locations.
- The role mainly serves as a cashier, as there is no cooking and no assembly at the cart, but you will be expected to manage food safety (temperatures), monitor inventory, ring up orders, answer questions, and provide excellent customer service.
- You will be responsible for the opening and closing procedures for the cart as well.
- The role is largely autonomous (with the support of the Driver who drops off the cart and the tacos, and the Operations Manager, of course), and is extremely gratifying, as people are always excited to have KDT.
This is a great job for people looking to supplement their full-time job, or need more flexibility to pursue their other passions. Our cart attendants are paid hourly + tips and average minimum $17-$22/hour, depending on shifts worked.
**Because these carts fall under mobile vending guidelines, you must have or be willing to obtain a Mobile Food Vendor License from the NYC DOH.** This is not the same as a Food Protection / Food Handler's Certificate. We will help you obtain this and have a reimbursement and incentive program to compensate you for doing so.
This process can take 3-4 weeks but it opens additional employment opportunities beyond KDT as well. This is the license required to work on any food truck or cart in NYC.
- Shifts are early and range in length depending the day, the season, and the cart, starting between 5:30a-6:30a, and ending between 10:30a-12:30p.
- We are hiring for part-time only, anywhere from 1-2 shifts / week, to 3-4 shifts / week. It is possible that full-time hours are available to those who want them in the summer/high-season.
- We will schedule based on your availability.
Experience in front-of-house foodservice or retail a major plus. Compensation this position is : hourly, $15/hr + Application instructions