- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
- Date Posted November 12, 2019
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
Great Northern Food Hall:
Founded by Claus Meyer, The Great Northern Food Hall sits in the heart of New York – Grand Central Terminal. Along with the Agern, The Great Northern Food Hall is known for its seven foodservice establishments: The Bar, Grain Bar, Great Northern Deli, Danish Dogs, Meyer’s Bageri, Brownsville Roasters, and Open Rye. Serving freshly baked pastries & bread, sandwiches & soups, piping hot coffee & expertly crafted espresso drinks, and both hot & cold prepared items all adhering to the new Nordic cuisine philosophy.Job description
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- A great work/life balance with plenty of Paid Time Off
- Paid Volunteering Time Off
- 401(k) Matching
- College Tuition Reduction Program through a partnership with Monroe College
- Discount program for movies, concerts, car rentals, Broadway shows, and many more
• Providing delicious food rooted in the new Nordic cuisine philosophy.
• Sets up, cleans, stocks and maintains all kitchen, preparation, service and storage areas according to company/departmental standards of time, levels, order and appearance.
• Assures that sequence of service standards is met by greeting guests, taking orders, directing guests to amenities and monitoring/meeting guest needs and requests.
• Prepares and cooks venue food offerings from memory, following departmental/ franchise standards - time, recipe, portion size, appearance and quality from memory.
• Must maintain knowledge of menu items and ingredients.
• Is responsible for compliance with all regulatory requirements, including but not limited to OSHA, Health, Sanitation, and ServSafe standards.
• Communicates with the managers and the team when appropriate to ensure the safety of the team and the smoothness of service.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Open availability is a must!!!
• Must have culinary experience and must understand how to work in a kitchen setting.
• Six (6) months of experience cooking in a comparable professional food concept and kitchen environment preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and through respectful communication, ensure smooth service to colleagues and guests.
• Team-service experience is strongly recommended.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 31, 2019