- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
- Date Posted November 12, 2019
- Location Manhattan, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Great Northern Food Hall:
Founded by Claus Meyer, The Great Northern Food Hall sits in the heart of New York – Grand Central Terminal. Along with the Agern, The Great Northern Food Hall is known for its seven foodservice establishments: The Bar, Grain Bar, Great Northern Deli, Danish Dogs, Meyer’s Bageri, Brownsville Roasters, and Open Rye. Serving freshly baked pastries & bread, sandwiches & soups, piping hot coffee & expertly crafted espresso drinks, and both hot & cold prepared items all adhering to the new Nordic cuisine philosophy.Job description
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- A great work/life balance with plenty of Paid Time Off
- Paid Volunteering Time Off
- 401(k) Matching
- College Tuition Reduction Program through a partnership with Monroe College
- Discount program for movies, concerts, car rentals, Broadway shows, and many more
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates exciting, innovative, and delicious desserts and pastries for MeyersUSA.
- Participates in team communication and development to elevate the knowledge base of our salaried and hourly staff and inspires them to provide delicious food and great guest service within the context of our organizational culture.
- Develops and prepares creative and delicious dessert offerings rooted in the principles of the New Nordic cuisine.
- Trains and supervises all kitchen staff in proper procedures, cooking methods and sanitation of all foods.
- Monitors all aspects of food service on a daily basis in assigned area to ensure quality, sanitary preparation and presentation. Develops, implements and adheres to all sanitation guidelines. Is responsible for an “A” rating from the Health Department
- Oversees the setting up, cleaning, stocking and maintaining of all pastry areas of the kitchen according to company/departmental standards of time, levels, order and appearance.
- Collaborates closely with the Executive Chef and Head Baker with recipe development and service of desserts and pastries.
- Trains all kitchen staff in proper procedures, baking methods and sanitation of all
- Maintains accurate recipes and works closely with purchasing to keep all systems up to date. Orders supplies as needed. Properly edits payroll for accurate processing of paychecks for pastry employees
- Must meet or exceed our triple bottom lines of financials, employee development, and product integrity.
- Implements, adheres to and monitors all departmental and company policies and procedures as well as local, state & federal laws - including but not limited to standards of conduct, attendance, appearance, cash handling, confidentiality, safety, service and sanitation.
- Must meet or exceed our triple bottom lines of financials, social awareness, and deliciousness.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working during weekends, holidays and peak business periods are required, including working any shift/day designated by the department.The ability to perform the cooking and execution of any food item from the culinary department, proficiently according to MeyersUSA culinary departmental standards is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) applications is required.
- Must be Food Handler/Food Protection-certified within 6 months of employment.
- An Associate's Degree or Vocational Certification in Baking and Pastry Arts preferred. A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in a leadership position and a pastry position in a comparable restaurant preferred
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineDecember 31, 2019