- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Director of Sales Tomales Bay Foods / Cowgirl Creamery
- Date Posted November 13, 2019
- Location Petaluma, CA
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Our team is full of food-loving, hard-working folks who have a positive, team-oriented attitude. We care about each other, take great pride in our work and all share a passion for local, artisan food. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll saddle up and join us on our journey! Job description Tomales Bay Foods, home of Cowgirl Creamery and its award-winning organic cheeses and dairy products, is looking for a dynamic Director of Sales. This role will be a key part of the company’s leadership team, working closely with other leaders to help create and support the vision of the company through strategic growth planning, market analysis and providing guidance, training and direction to the sales team. This position is based from our corporate office in Petaluma, CA and will require travel of approximately 50%.
What You'll Do
Strategic Sales Growth:
• Develop and execute a Sales strategy that is based upon a thorough understanding of the Tomales Bay Foods and Cowgirl Creamery brands and their growth goals, the local and national market, competitive landscape and consumer needs.
• Further develop Cowgirl Creamery’s relationships and business with key retailers and distributor partners, including participation in key distributor shows, business reviews and other customer-focused events
• Create account and distribution objectives for the Tomales Bay Foods Sales team with clear methods for measurement and goal tracking.
Reporting and Analysis:
• Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales goals for regions, sales channels and key customers, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products in each environment.
• Present quarterly reports outlining sales volume, potential sales, existing efficiencies, all areas of development, and opportunities for growth.
• Monitor market developments, competitor activity, consumer patterns, and product quality nation-wide and develop programs, sales targets, and critical milestones for all regions.
• Work with Sales & Operations Planning team on sales forecasting, inventory management and production volume
• Analyze and control expenditures of sales department to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Hire, train, and provide a continuous development program for the Sales team.
• Work with the Director of Education & Customer Outreach to identify educational programs that can improve brand exposure and drive sales
• Cross-functional collaboration with Director of Marketing on sales strategy and brand management
What You Bring
• 5+ Years of Sales experience in a Management or Director role, preferably in Specialty Food
• Proven success in hiring, training and developing a Sales team
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred, preference for degrees in Business or related field
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Growth mindset with a desire to see continuous improvement in all areas
• Savvy analytical skills, including the ability to coach others on informational analysis and data-driven decision making Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k to 100k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline