Meat & Seafood Lead Cutter River Valley Co-op
- Date Posted November 13, 2019
- Location Northampton, MA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
River Valley Co-op is a full service, community-owned food cooperative, specializing in fresh, local, and organically grown groceries, prepared foods, wine and beer, wellness, and bulk items. Everyone is welcome to shop, co-op ownership is not required.Job description
Purpose: To cut and display fresh meats and seafood while providing prompt, friendly, courteous customer service to meet department objectives.
Status: Reports to Meat & Seafood Manager
Pay Level: IV, non-exempt.
- Prepare cuts of beef, pork, lamb, etc. for best yield, quality, and customer appeal, following specifications from Meat & Seafood Team Leader.
- Produce sausage to maintain adequate supplies of each flavor.
- Prepare poultry and seafood following established priorities and standards for appearance, size, weight, and wrap.
II. CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Assist customers with product questions, in a prompt, friendly, courteous manner, referring them to other staff when necessary.
- Offer suggestions for purchases and ways to use products. Offer tastes and samples.
- Cut and wrap poultry and seafood and wrap meat to order.
- Help customers place special orders.
- Maintain fully stocked, attractive displays, while maintaining proper storage conditions.
- Label items accurately with price tags or signs as needed.
- Report customer suggestions, comments, complaints to Meat and Seafood Manager.
III. DEPARTMENT MAINTENANCE
- Pull short-dated or low-quality items, record and dispose of them following established procedures.
- Keep coolers, food prep and storage areas in clean, sanitary conditions, meeting health department standards.
- Sweep and mop the floor as needed and take out the trash.
- Scrub and rinse blocks, floors, walls, cases following established procedures.
- Participate in periodic inventory counts.
- Monitor cooler and freezer temperatures. Advise Meat and Seafood Manager of equipment repair or replacement needs.
- Assist with receiving as needed. Check deliveries for damage, quality, weight, and accuracy; notify Meat and Seafood Manager of discrepancies. Rotate deliveries into storage.
IV. OTHER DUTIES
- Perform other tasks assigned by Meat and Seafood Manager.
- Attend department meetings and storewide meetings.