- Step 1:Tell us about your company
- Step 2:Tell us about your position
- Step 3:How to apply
Kitchen & Operations Associate Ripen Company
- Date Posted November 14, 2019
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Part-Time
Ripen is like the Farmgirl Flowers of catering. Based out of the Dogpatch in SF, we only do one thing - gathering boards made from Northern California's best cheese, charcuterie, and produce. It’s an ecommerce company as much as a catering company - selling a premium product but making it super easy to order. The products featured on Ripen boards represent the best makers, farms, and creameries California has to offer and we take pride in running a sustainable, locally-based business.Job description
Ripen launched in Sept. 2018 and since then has established a loyal client base and grown dramatically in revenue & reach. Currently a one-woman show with a few helpers, it's ripe (get it?) for some dedicated support (hopefully you!). You’d be a huge part of sustaining this rapid growth and helping the company get to its next stage. Because the company is growing fast, you can grow fast too - there is a ton of room for creativity, personal growth, and promotion in this role. While it’s primarily a kitchen role, we welcome people with other special skills that they’d like to contribute to apply with the intention of giving you an opportunity to use & grow those skills. Interested in social media/photography/content? Awesome! Like building systems? GREAT. Have ideas for new products and recipes? They're welcome here.
- 75% - Food prep & board arranging (after training period - it's an art, but it can be learned!) Please note that there is no heavy cooking in this role (i.e. baking, range cooking) but LOTS cheese cutting/veggie slicing/peeling/etc.
- Wash prep dishes, keep workstation clean & organized
- Organize & prep dry goods
- Manage inventory and create order sheets for upcoming deliveries
- Some customer communication, scheduling, and outreach
- Additional as agreed upon by employee and owner
- 2+ years experience in food/bev (of any type!)
- Passion for great food, a just food system, local businesses, great cheese, and seasonal produce!
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented habits
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills
- Driver’s License and car; ability/willingness to make occasional deliveries.
- Past “design” work in food: experience plating, pastry decorating, etc.
- An artistic eye
- Interest in administrative tasks: customer service, print orders, social media management, etc.
- (Somewhat) flexible schedule - great for folks in an educational program or with another job. Minimum of 15 hours/week with opportunity for additional hours seasonally if desired. Hours may also grow in 2020 with the growth of the company generally.
- Lots of delicious cheese
- Profit sharing! Not many small companies do this, but I want to share the wealth and motivate you to help it grow.
Base hourly rate will increase $.50/month for first three months if it's a good fit.
Also seeking short-term holiday help, so even if you're not available long-term, feel free to apply! Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $17.00 - $22.00 Application instructions