Cheesemonger Part Time Saxelby Cheesemongers
- Date Posted January 09, 2020
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Saxelby Cheesemongers is New York’s first cheese shop devoted to locally sourced cheeses. Saxelby’s sells a premier selection of regional farmstead cheese to retail customers in our Chelsea Market shop as well as to over 100 restaurants and other retail shops throughout the city. We pride ourselves on selecting cheeses from small producers who farm sustainably with respect for their land and animals. The range of cheeses available at Saxelby Cheesemongers changes throughout the year as we work with and celebrate the seasonal nature of cheesemaking.Job description
Cheesemonger, Saxelby Cheesemongers
Part Time ( 24 hours per week)
Start Date: End of February 2020
Saxelby Cheesemongers is New York City’s first shop dedicated to 100% American artisan cheese. For over 10 years, Saxelby has been providing the best American artisan and farmstead cheese to cheese-loving individuals and chefs in New York and beyond. Saxelby Cheesemongers is a small company with an emphasis on great cheese and great relationships - with our farmers/cheesemakers, with our staff, and with our customers. Our goal is to educate our staff and our customers, creating a fun and zero-pretense environment to enjoy and learn about cheese.
We are looking for a cheesemonger to provide GREAT customer service at our Chelsea Market store in Manhattan.
- You are passionate about the artisan food world. You have an insatiable curiosity about food and beverage that keeps you looking out for that next great cheese to try, and then sharing the cheesy love with friends, customers, and basically anyone who will listen!
- You are a good communicator - with customers, with fellow staff, and with management.
- You have previous experience working in a retail environment with specialty food. (preferably at least 1 year of experience in cheese)
- You are willing to commit to the position for at least one year, with weekend, evening, and holiday availability.
- Customer service - providing every customer with an amazing experience that will have them telling their friends, family, and co-workers how great Saxelby Cheesemongers is!
- Cut and wrap cheese and charcuterie for retail customers - cut to order as well as pre-cuts.
- Displays - stock the store to make sure that all displays look full, neat, and appetizing.
- Make grilled cheese sandwiches and cheese platters.
- Clean and maintain equipment, furniture, and displays to ensure a clean and food safe working environment.
- Communicate with manager to coordinate orders of product.
- Visits to our farms
- Discount on our products
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline