Commissary General Manager Levain Bakery +6 more
- Date Posted January 09, 2020
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The bakery was founded in 1994 by friends Connie McDonald and Pam Weekes. At the time, Connie was in banking and Pam in fashion. The two, both competitive swimmers, trained together for the Ironman and—not surprisingly, as their tireless workouts left them feeling starved for great food— they began a passionate dialogue about creating the world’s greatest chocolate chip cookie. Within just a few years, Levain Bakery had become a neighborhood institution and a destination for epicurious travelers from around the world. Job description
The Commissary General Manager will oversee daily cookie dough production at our commissary in Queens and will ensure that each and every one of our world-famous cookies is the absolute best quality possible. We are looking for someone who is passionate about food and operations and has the ability to manage people thoughtfully and encourage a positive work environment.
- Manage daily production of cookie dough to supply to all of our bakery locations and ecommerce business.
- Promote a positive work environment for all staff: Our people are at the core of our success- our staff supports one another and genuinely enjoys the time they spend together.
- Maintain product quality and ensure that cookie dough is up to Levain standards.
- Promote a safe work space by understanding and complying with appropriate safety procedures.
- Help train new staff members and help grow and develop team members who are interested in building a career at the bakery.
- Create and manage the weekly schedule for all employees.
- Oversee our team of drivers and ensure that all deliveries go out in a seamless and timely manner.
- Estimates and anticipates production capacities and provides recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Ensure that the production is cost effective, monitoring efficiencies and waste through metrics.
- Uphold all Department of Health standards and maintain a clean and beautiful facility.
- Experience in a high volume commissary facility in a managerial role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Positive, friendly, warm and supportive
- Eye for detail, hyper-organized and diligent work ethic
- Love of cookies...of course!
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Potential
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Transit Benefits
- 401(k) with company matching