Food Safety & Quality Specialist Good Culture
- Date Posted January 10, 2020
- Location Westby, WI
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
We believe that if you eat good things, and surround yourself with good, you’ll feel good. Simple as that. That’s why we decided to create a food company that offers real organic ingredients from trusted sources, promotes good health and tastes great. Our mission is to make healing foods without hurting the planet or our animals. We are a cultured dairy company that currently makes pasture-raised cottage cheese, probiotic rich sour cream, wellness probiotic gut shots, and probiotic smoothies…. and big plans for more healing foods. We’re on the look for some cultured healers!
Specialist of Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
We are currently seeking a Specialist of Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory located at our Westby, WI co-manufacturing facility to join our Good Culture team. The primary role of the position is to work collaboratively with our co-manufacturing partner to ensure that all quality, process, sampling, and testing requirements, related to our products, are meeting the agreed upon finished product specifications and standard operating procedures.
Candidate must be able to work in a team/mission driven environment and be passionate about meeting stretch objectives. At Good Culture we believe a great culture values and fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We seek individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure absolute, unwavering adherence to our unique product processes and finished product specifications by measuring daily performance against the standards to all identified quality control points to assure ongoing compliance and requirements.
- Coordinate and execute tasks and projects with our co-manufacturing partner related to quality, food safety, and innovation.
- Investigate quality related customer/consumer complaints and non-conformance issues.
- Lead sensory and specification reviews for each production run.
- Collect, compile, and analyze data and reports (quality, production, process) to identify areas for improvements in the quality systems.
- Lead targeted improvement projects in collaboration with the co-manufacturing facility.
- Partner closely with sanitation resources to optimize current practices.
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of activities.
- Support R&D activities at the co-manufacturing facility in partnership with the Good Culture Operations team.
- B.S. in Food Science or related field
- 1+ years of food safety, quality, and regulatory manufacturing experience required (plant dairy experience with sanitation/CIP knowledge a strong plus)
- Certifications an advantage including quality auditor, quality engineer, continuous improvement, HACCP, SQF
- Experience implementing programs both: preventative and corrective action
- Demonstrated ability to influence and develop remarkable solutions
- Ability to work independently & autonomously but also to know when to reach out for support
- Ability to experiment, assess risk, and make data-based recommendations and decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with statistical knowledge and its application a bonus
this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $50,000.00 - $60,000.00
The position is based out of Westby, WI with roughly 5% travel within the Midwest.