General Manager Bedford Cheese Shop
- Date Posted January 13, 2020
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Bedford Cheese Shop is looking for an experienced General Manager for its Gramercy Park location.
We are a small, independently-owned specialty cheese and charcuterie shop (including catering, prepared foods and a private classroom space) with two locations – Williamsburg, Brooklyn and Gramercy Park, Manhattan.
General Management/Personnel: With the support of hands-on Ownership, the General Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Shop.
- Hire and train staff, write schedules, maintain all HR documents, adjust and maintain clock-in/out procedure, enter and process payroll, mentor and provide routine, actionable feedback on staff performance;
- Cultivate environment of memorable guest experiences for our customers by setting the highest standards for staff, taking ownership of customer issues and following problems through resolution, maintaining the appearance and aesthetics of the Shop;
- Communicate regularly and effectively with Ownership;
- Proactively identify areas of operational inefficiencies or revenue opportunities and create strategies to improve or pursue, respectively;
- Work closely with the Events Manager to effectuate private events, classes and tastings; and
- Collaborate with Ownership to explore and evaluate new business and growth opportunities.
- Manage merchandising strategy and product mix for grocery items and cheese/meat cases;
- Oversee inventory management, including all receiving procedures and price adjustments;
- Oversee placement of all product merchandising;
- Review invoices and purchase orders;
- Work closely with vendors to explore new products; and
- Listen to customer feedback on products, requests, etc.
- Oversee kitchen staff and food preparation; and
- Evaluate operating efficiencies and ensure quality control.
- Ensure Shop and back-of-the-house is clean, maintained and organized; and
- Take the lead on addressing any furniture, fixtures and equipment issues, with the support of Owners.
- Create and manage annual budget, with support of Owners;
- Monitor expenses; and
- Coordinate accounts payable and receivable with Bookkeeper.
- Management experience in Food & Beverage space, expertise in cheese a plus;
- Passionate about growing an entrepreneurial business;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects;
- Strong communication skills – with customers, vendors, employees and Owners;
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills;
- Ability to solve problems and implement successful solutions; and
- Licensed Food Handler a plus.
- Compensation and benefits are based on experience.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline