Administrative Coordinator Frog Song Organics
- Date Posted January 15, 2020
- Location Hawthorne, FL
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
**Please read entire job description and application instructions at the end.**
Do you want to help save the world, one vegetable at a time? If you love organic vegetables, read on! This job is for someone who has experience in a fast-paced environment, and wants to bring their organizational and administrative skills to an independent, family farm.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for document control, physical organization of office and related supplies, responding to customer service needs, supporting the Online Store & Accounts Manager, supporting Sales Managers, and providing internal support services to our team. The ideal candidate for this job will be very organized, enjoy working independently, detail-oriented, have a very high level of follow through and follow up on projects, and be able to communicate effectively with a diverse team including Spanish speaking staff.
- Work directly with the other staff to ensure accurate invoicing, order fulfillment, delivery, and billing for all orders.
- Provide customer service regarding invoices and orders, track and report A/R
- Entering orders into web based spreadsheet
- Producing labels
- Receiving and posting payments for orders (work with Account Manager for A/R).
- Coordinating Daily and Weekly Goals with all staff through web based spreadsheet
- Maintain Google calendars and staff scheduling
- Responsible for incoming/outgoing mail & freight shipments; Verifying items received are as ordered
- Be the “Gatekeeper” and notify appropriate staff when visitors/customers arrive
- Serve as on-site liaison for regulatory agencies including Health Department, water testing, USDA, etc. if owners are not on site.
- Receive and follow up with general phone messages or forward to appropriate staff person
- Communicate with Staff, CSA Members, customers and vendors as needed
- Posting expenses and banking transactions to Quickbooks
- Work with bookkeeper & accountant to provide documentation needed for reconciliation/year-end taxes
- Pay bills, track and report A/P
- Preparing deposits and doing bank runs
Office Area and Inventory Management:
- Ordering, receiving, and organizing packaging and supplies as needed by the farm
- Schedule and supervise maintenance technicians (such as phone/internet/plumbing needs)
- Work with other staff to provide materials, documents and information needed to complete projects
- Maintain physical organization and inventory of office space and materials
- Produce or procure basic signage and promotional materials needed for farmers markets, etc.
- Renewing annual licenses and permits required to operate the business. Filing, Posting required signage, licenses, etc.
- Complete HR documentation for new hires, submit bi-weekly timesheets to payroll service
- Run errands as needed for supplies (mileage reimbursed if using own vehicle)
- Assist with organizing and staffing on-farm events (about 2-4 times per year, may occur during evenings or weekends)
- Other projects and tasks as assigned - occasional local deliveries or errands
- At least three years of administrative assistant/office manager experience in a fast paced environment
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, but not required
- Experience with handling cash and personal information in a careful and secure manner
- Demonstrated ability to advance at previous jobs
- Demonstrated ability to stick with a job for more than a year
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Self-motivated, ability to work both with and without direct supervision
- Experience with Quickbooks, Google Docs, Gmail, and internet/computer literacy
- Interest in making a positive impact on environmental and social issues
- Willing to learn new computer systems and skills
- Willingness to work in a non-traditional, rustic office environment. Every day is casual Friday!
- Team player, can-do attitude
- Healthy lifestyle, no substance abuse, non-smoker (no tobacco use allowed on site)
- work successfully with people from diverse backgrounds and use bilingual documents
- be present at work consistently, on time (6:30-7:30 am seasonal)
- communicate effectively and professionally with all staff and customers: in person, on the phone, and in writing
- represent the business in a professional and positive manner
Compensation: $29,000-$33,000 per year ($14-$16/hr) depending on experience and qualifications. Opportunity for advancement based on performance. This is an exempt position according to FLSA provisions for agriculture and the nature of this position (overtime does not apply).
Benefits in effect upon hiring include:
- Family style lunch provided at least once a week
- Access to free farm food, plus staff discount on additional items
- Benefits in effect upon three months of employment and satisfactory review:
- 40 hours per year paid sick leave to care for yourself or a family member/loved one
- Paid Vacation, starting at two days per year and accruing more time with additional years of service
- Life insurance policy
- Profit Sharing Program
- Unpaid vacation in the summer or winter is negotiable, in coordination with other staff.
this position is : hourly, $15/hr +
Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline