Front of House Manager Outstanding In The Field +16 more
- Date Posted February 13, 2020
- Location Santa Cruz, CA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER
Outstanding in the Field is currently hiring an experienced Front of House Manager to be on Tour Crew for our 2020 Summer/Fall Tour. Tour starts and ends in Santa Cruz, CA, and runs from mid-May through mid-November. All travel/lodging accommodations are included.
Our company works with local farmers, beer & wine producers and chefs to produce high-end, fine-dining events on farms, beaches, wineries, mountain tops and city streets all across the US.
We produce events up and down the coast of California during the months of May and June, and make a loop through the Pacific Northwest, the Rockies, the Midwest, the Northeast, and the Southern states of the country between July and October. The tour wraps up mid-November in our home state of California for the final events of the season.
The FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER will be expected to manage
all FOH aspects of OITF events. The FOH Manager is responsible for managing tour crew and FOH staff during setup, break down, and execution of each event. The FOH Manager will communicate directly with the Expeditor regarding timing and flow of each event. The FOH Manager will hire and manage temporary staff for each dinner and ensure proper paperwork and identification is documented for employment. The FOH Manager is expected to assist with the full execution of each event.
Prior restaurant management experience or event management experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a high-end, professional restaurant and FOH team
- Experience working in a variety of food service establishments
- Experience hiring and training FOH staff
- An awareness of professional restaurant culture
- A passion for hospitality and an appreciation of the food and beverage industry
- An emphasis on guest experience
- An understanding of the importance of building a relationship with guests and staff members
- An impeccable wine knowledge and ability to train staff on a range of products
- Impeccable organization
- Ability to manage staff in various environments and uphold company standards
- Ability to delegate tasks and manage execution of events
- Managing all aspects of the events including set-up, break down, and service
- Professionally and enthusiastically representing Outstanding in the Field with a focus on the guest experience
- Building and maintaining relationships with chefs, farmers, winemakers, and guests across the country
- Hiring and training temporary staff for each dinner
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism and quality of service
- Ensuring the guest experience is the best it can possibly be
- Open and direct communication with the Expeditor during the events to ensure correct timing and flow
- Reporting event and service issues to The General Manager
- Communication with FOH staff regarding service standards, flow of the event, dietary restrictions, VIP guests, and issues that may arise at the table.
- Open and direct communication with Tour Manager & Expeditor regarding execution of dinners
- Assisting the rental manager with orders and ensuring rental items are treated with respect and properly returned
***Positions start in mid May in Santa Cruz, California and end in November back in Santa Cruz. A huge aspect of being a part of the crew is traveling with the team for 5+ months across the country! The OITF crew will become your very close family: you must be flexible, cooperative, and independent in order to work, live, sleep, and eat with the tour crew for 5 months - think about what that means before you send us your resume and cover letter!Compensation this position is : salaried Application instructions