Marketing Specialist KOL Foods
- Date Posted February 14, 2020
- Location Silver Spring, MD
- Category Business / Media
- Job type Full-Time
KOL Foods is the only provider of kosher, 100% grass-fed meat, and pastured organic-fed poultry. We are looking for a Marketing Specialist to join our small team, someone who will take charge of our marketing and raise it to the next level: you will lead the KOL Foods team in telling the world the story of our regenerative meat, the values behind it, and its legion benefits. If you love writing about food and cooking and want to contribute to the growth of a blossoming company, this is the position for you.
We are a small company with a large mission; we are always educating our customers and other stakeholders about why our products are better for you, for the animals, and for the planet. We have a very small team, so being a self-starter is a must! If you have the chops to take on this challenge, get in touch.
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Compensation: Salaried full-time position. $37,500 salary, health insurance, commission and yearly bonus. Paid sick leave, Jewish holidays and two weeks paid leave.
You use your analytical skills to create and execute a customer-centered marketing strategy.
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and impact.
- Analyze and optimize our use of SEO, website content, sales funnel, etc.
- Oversee the marketing budget and vendors.
- Maintain and strengthen the KOL Foods brand, keeping it consistent across our various touchpoints.
- Craft the messaging and marketing strategy around new launches.
Customer Engagement and Outreach
You will be the lead for educating both internal and external stakeholders about KOL Foods’ products and their benefits, and about the values that underpin the company.
- Engage and grow our subscriber base by creating regular email content and promotions that are aligned with their values and interests.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy from post through evaluation.
- Create exciting inbound and outbound marketing content using your expertise and great eye for design.
- Maintain our relationship with our chef-blogger, and expand our collaborations with other influencers.
- Manage occasional philanthropy-based marketing campaigns, and respond to donation requests.
We are looking for a dual-minded person: you are highly creative and an excellent writer, and also process-driven, able to think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Great creative writing skills and outside-the-box thinking for innovative ideas.
- Experience building online audiences.
- Experience in producing web content including e-commerce, email, and other channels.
- Strong data analysis skills to translate customer and sales data into measurable marketing practices.
- Some graphic design experience (InDesign, Canva, etc.).
- Strong interest in food; interest in the sustainable/regenerative food movement preferred.
- An outgoing, positive personality and a sense of humor.
- Entrepreneurial spirit - did we mention you should be a self-starter?
- Comfortable with office software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, especially spreadsheets.
KOL Foods is an equal opportunity employer.Compensation this position is : salaried, less than 50k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline