Pack Station Manager Heron Pond Farm +1 more
- Date Posted February 17, 2020
- Location South Hampton, NH
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Heron Pond Farm produces up to 50 acres of mixed vegetables in the southern Seacoast of New Hampshire. We are a four-season farm. We market our produce through our farm stand, farmers markets, 400 + person CSA, and wholesale. Our wholesale produce is marketed through a farmer owned company that we helped create, the Three River Farmers' Alliance.
Heron Pond Farm is located on the seacoast of New Hampshire within a short drive of the beach. We are 40 min north of Boston and 18 miles south of Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The area is rich with activities outside the farm. We are also part of a strong farming network. Employees have the opportunity to interact with many others in the farming community.Job description
Heron Pond Farm is seeking a Pack Station Manager for the 2020 season.
We are looking for full-time (5 days-a-week), full-season commitment (April-November.) Possibility for year-round work for the right candidate.
Heron Pond is seeking a Pack Station Manager to head the management of our busy wash station. With hundreds of pounds being washed each week, the Pack Station Manager orchestrates the flow of the washing and ensures that the produce is ready for all of our different outlets on time. The Pack Station Manager is responsible for knowing and following all food safety regulations, as well as monitoring the quality of the produce. Crew members assist in the wash stand throughout the year and it is the role of the Pack Station Manager to train the staff on wash station tasks, food safety, and produce quality.
The Pack Station Manager is in frequent contact with the Harvest Manager about what is being harvested, and frequently communicates with the CSA Manager, Wholesale Manager and Farm Store Manager about produce quality and availability.
- Independently motivated and a team player
- Positive attitude
- Detail oriented
- Enjoys working alone as well as in a group
- Enjoys managing a crew, sometimes of 1-4 people
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to multitask
- Good time management
- Likes to troubleshoot problems and think on their feet
- Enjoys working at a quick pace and being a good role model for staff
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly
- Has a working knowledge or is willing to learn about food safety requirements
- Has knowledge of or is willing to learn about vegetable quality and grading
- Is comfortable with learning and using wash station equipment (barrel washer, AZS rinse conveyor, bubbler tank for greens)
- Experience working on a farm or in the restaurant industry a plus
- Valid driver's licenseCompensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline