- Date Posted February 17, 2020
- Location Rancho Mission Viejo, CA
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job type Part-Time
Farmscape is the largest urban farming venture in the country, with headquarters in Los Angeles and Oakland. We design, install, and maintain urban farms and sustainable landscapes for residences, restaurants, agrihoods and commercial sites.
For more information, please visit our website at www.farmscapegardens.comJob description
About the Farms: Rancho Mission Viejo Community is a large housing development in south Orange County, CA. The farms are placed in different neighborhoods, throughout the community and each has its own microclimate. The Head Community Farmer is the “Face of the Farm” and and backbone of the Agrihood Program.
Three Growing Locations
- Gavilan Farm, 4,000 sq ft garden for age-qualified residents
- Esencia Farm, 7,000 sq ft garden open to all residents
- Sendero Farm, 14,000 sq ft gated farm with farm stand.
Each location is 100% organic, has in-ground growing space and raised beds, fruit trees, a compost system, drip irrigation, and there is one flock of chickens.
- Ensure successful growth, harvest and sales of crops
- Planting, weeding, harvesting, washing
- Ensuring premium experience of all visitors to the farm
- Maintaining sanitary, safe and organized work and storage areas
- Planning and hosting: Community potlucks, educational children's events, food-centered entertainment, culinary demonstrations and gardening workshops.
- Applicants must have 2+ years organic growing experience.
- Education or certifications are preferred
- Must be able to pass background and drug test
- Must be a good communicator
- Must have some computer skills, personal device and personal vehicle
- Must implement sustainable practices such as water conservation, pollinator consciousness, soil care, etc
- Demonstrate creativity in coming up with ideas for events, crafts, workshops and community gatherings that are meaningful and sustainable.
- Comfortable leading and speaking to groups.
- Interest in culinary and medicinal application of gardens abundance.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline