- Date Posted February 17, 2020
- Location Chino, CA
- Category Agriculture / Education
- Job type Full-Time
Farmscape is the largest urban farming venture in the country, with headquarters in Los Angeles and Oakland. We design, install, and maintain urban farms and sustainable landscapes for residences, restaurants, agrihoods and commercial sites.
For more information, please visit our website at www.farmscapegardens.comJob description
About the Project:The Harvest Community at Chino is bursting with edible landscapes and feed-centered amenities. Unique to other farming opportunities, the farmer is positioned to engage residents in the process of tending to the crops and land.
- The Farmer will be responsible for the maintenance of the following:
- 400 sf Greenhouse
- 89 apricot tree orchard
- Pollinator/ flower garden
- Community garden with 52 raised beds
- 6+ edible landscaping areas. Ensure successful growth, harvest and sales of crops
- Resident Engagement: The Farmer will coordinate resident engagement by planning, procuring supplies and carrying out events such as the following:
- Monthly Potlucks
- Garden workshops (Childrens and All-ages)
- Harvest Events
- Planting, weeding, harvesting, washing
- Maintaining a disciplined and well-paced work environment
- Ensuring premium quality of all produce leaving the farm
- Ensuring premium experience of all visitors to the farm
- Maintaining sanitary, safe and organized work and storage areas
- Maintain a simple farm budget
- Collect and report data pertaining to harvest yields, volunteer hours and supplies
- Manage part-time employees
- Responsible for all communications and scheduling with resident participants.
- Coordinate with community vendors to resolve site specific issues. IE Pest control, irrigation, building maintenance, housekeeping
- Coordination of annual events and workshops
- Run a 30 family participation program
- Applicants must have 2+ years organic growing experience
- Education or certifications are preferred
- Must be a good communicator
- Must have some computer skills, personal device and personal vehicle
- Must implement sustainable practices such as water conservation, pollinator consciousness, soil care, etc
- Demonstrate creativity in coming up with ideas for events, crafts, workshops and community gatherings that are meaningful and sustainable.
- Comfortable leading and speaking to groups.
- Interest in culinary and medicinal application of gardens abundance.
Benefits for full-time staff include paid vacation, mileage reimbursement, FSA & Dependent Care plan, health care and 401K.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline