Hello! I am looking for part time help to assist with my small farm in Oakton, VA - Preferably someone who is studying Permaculture and/or Horticulture and would like an opportunity to help further develop, design and maintain 700sq ft of garden beds and grow over a dozen new plantings of fruit trees, berries, etc across a 2acre piece of property.
I'm a busy Dad who, unfortunately, does not have a lot of time to work in the garden as much as I would like and have big plans to expand. I thought it would be great if I could find someone passionate about this type of work and would like the opportunity to support the 2020 growing season while doubling the amount of new plantings. I can be flexible with the type and scope of work, hours, etc.. I will be re-introducing layer hens this Sumer with the possibility of adding a few other animals.
Assist with building and maintaining the below...
- 10 (pro designed) raised garden beds (various types and vegetable plantings, 700Sqft) - To be filled, planted, maintained.
- Composting - Light occasional maintenance.
- Watering Beds, Blueberry Bushes and Strawberry patch - Potential install of watering system (from the barn roof)
- Cleaning coop, feeding chickens
- Potential design work and plantings of new fruit trees and berry bushes.
- 6 - 10Hrs / Wk - Weekend work is fine and the hours might differ (ex: more work is required initially).
- Timeline - 3wks to 4 months
- $15 - 25 / Hr.
this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $15.00 - $25.00
This employer is willing to sponsor a work visa for international applicants
Please click here to sign in and view application details. If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free!