- Date Posted February 18, 2020
- Location Los Angeles, CA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
- Six farmers’ markets: Atwater Village, Central Avenue, Crenshaw, Echo Park, Hollywood, and MLK Campus.
- Benefits and Incentives Program which ensures that our markets serve as a venue for WIC and CalFresh redemption, partners with organizations to advocate for food access, and manages incentives which provide fruit and vegetable vouchers to low income customers.
- Bring the Farmer to Your School program, in which local California farmers have provided sessions about local agriculture to children at Title I schools for over 15 years.
- Pompea Smith Good Cooking | Buena Cocina Nutrition Education Program, which offers hundreds of nutrition education and cooking demonstrations across South LA each year. Job description
Project Name or Description: SEE-LA Food Business Accelerator
Contract Services: Marketing Consultant
Contract Period: March - August 2020
Contract Value: $10,000
Company Name: Sustainable Economic Enterprises Los Angeles (SEE-LA)
Address: 1125 W Sixth Street #500, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Supported by federal U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CBDG) and HUD Section 4 Capacity Building for Community Development and Affordable Housing Program funds, the SEE-LA Food Business Accelerator will work with a cohort of food entrepreneurs selected from our network of farmers’ markets to provide comprehensive services that will create and maintain quality food-sector jobs and support food business growth and sustainability.
Project Goals and Scope of Services
With collaboration from community partners, the Accelerator will provide direct services that include recruitment of program participants, case management, and linkage to financing opportunities, subsidized test kitchen space, educational webinars, networking events, and business and marketing support to a cohort of 12 Los Angeles based food entrepreneurs.
We are seeking a Marketing Consultant that will develop tailored marketing plans for 12 small food business owners using a variety of market tested strategies to support the program goal of supporting food business sustainability and growth that leads to creation of quality food-sector jobs. The Marketing Consultant will meet regularly with food entrepreneurs to assess their goals and work collaboratively on marketing plans at each party’s discretion, and will meet with SEE-LA project managers once monthly during the term of the contract for progress updates.
- Time and Place of Submission of Proposals
Please submit proposals to: email@example.com (Subject Line: Food Business Accelerator Marketing Consultant).
Proposals due: February 28, 2020, 5:00PM, Pacific Time
Proposal review and first-round interviews: March 2 to March 9, 2020
Finalist notification and second interviews: March 11 to March 20, 2020
Vendor Selection Notification: March 23 to March 27, 2020
Contract start and end dates: March 30 to August 30, 2020 (approximate)
Elements of Proposal:
The proposal shall contain sufficient detail to convey the consultant’s knowledge, skill, experience and ability to satisfy project requirements. The following must be provided:
- Brief proposal summary
- Consultant/Firm information:
- Contact information
- A summary of the individual or firm’s history, experience, and capabilities. Include information such as: year business/consultancy was established, strategic intent of company/consultancy, and SLB (Small Local Business), MBE (Minority Owned Enterprise), WBE (Woman Owned Enterprise) certifications if applicable.
- Resume of individual/team that will be working on the project.
- List of recent clients.
- Contact information for 3 client references.
- Approach and scope of work:
- A proposed description of methodology and timeline for estimated deliverables for the project
- A pricing plan and total cost estimate: identify rates to be charged for performing the tasks necessary to accomplish the objectives of the contract and itemize the types of anticipated expenses. Individuals who will be working under the contract should be identified by: 1) name, 2) rate or cost basis and 3) expected use during contract execution. The project budget is up to but not exceeding $10,000.
- PDF files preferred.
- No longer than 7 pages in length (excluding resumes), and in 12 point type.
Selection criteria include:
- Compliance with this RFP
- Demonstrated understanding of the project
- Detailed narrative of services to be provided
- Track record of success in developing marketing plans in food and beverage industries.
- Demonstrated interest in working with communities/clients that are low-income, people of color, and/or women identified.
- Qualifications of the individual/firm
$10,000 over 6 months.
- Funding for this program is released monthly and is invoice based, thus SEE-LA requires a sufficient turn-around time to pay consultants (30 days).
- This is the first time SEE-LA has formalized this type of technical assistance work for food entrepreneurs. There may be program start-up challenges during the first months of program launch.
- Some food entrepreneurs will have minimal to no marketing plans in place. The consultant/firm selected must be able to work with entrepreneurs in a variety of positions.
This Request for Proposal and questionnaire does not commit SEE-LA to award a contract. SEE-LA reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Request for Proposal at any time. If, in the opinion of SEE-LA, revisions or amendments will require substantive changes in proposals, the due date may be extended.
Compensation this position is : contract Application instructions