Assistant Market Manager City of Beverly Hills
- Date Posted March 26, 2020
- Location Beverly Hills, CA
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Part-Time
The City of Beverly Hills, California is one of the world’s most celebrated communities.
Located within 5.7 square miles in the heart of Southern California, it is home to 35,000 residents and hosts millions of visitors from all over the world every year.
With its lush landscape, near-perfect climate and exceptional dining, entertainment, shopping and cultural experiences, the City enjoys an international reputation as a premier destination in which to live, work and play.
Surrounded by the cities of Los Angeles and West Hollywood, Beverly Hills is a full-service City with outstanding police and fire departments, award-winning schools, sound infrastructure and extensive recreational opportunities.
City policy is set by a five member City Council who each serve four year terms. The Mayor is elected within the Council membership each year and the City Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of City government.
Beverly Hills City Hall is located at 455 N. Rexford Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210. The main phone number is (310) 285-1000.
For visitor information, please visit lovebeverlyhills.com.Job description Under the direction of the Market Manager, assists in the coordination and the promotion of the day-to-day operations of the Farmers' Market Program by recruiting farmers, regulating the number of booths and product mix and coordinating the physical layout of the booths at the market.
- Enforces compliance with state and county regulations, and local rules and ordinances pertaining to Market operations.
- Familiar with and implements Farmers' Market rules and regulations.
- Collects participation fees and load sheets.
- Responds to inquiries from participating farmers and vendors and the general public.
- Develops, plans and implements special activities and programs for the Market, including the "Cookin' Kids" monthly program.
- Assists Market Manager with planning special events, including the annual Pie Bake a'la Beverly Hills, and the Market Anniversary.
- Develops and implements communication on social media sites, including, but not limited to, Facebook, twitter and Pinterest.
- Books musical entertainment for Market.
- Keeps all producer and vendor paperwork up-to date to ensure state and county compliance.
- Recommends solutions to the Farmers' Market Manager in response to problems related to the operation of the Market.
- Enforces and follows applicable safety rules and regulations, including overseeing staff in setting up signage for street closures.
- May provide supervisory role with Market Specialists, Park Ranger, and other part-time staff.
- Attends trainings, professional conferences and meetings, as assigned.
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
this position is : hourly, $20/hr +
Work Schedule: This position will be required to work 2 days a week: 1 weekday (to be determined) and every Sunday from 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (approximately). Candidates for the position also must be able to assist with various Special Events as requested by Supervisor and Department. The anticipated weekly schedule will be 20-24 hours a week.