Cook at Camp Betsey Cox Camp Betsey Cox
- Date Posted March 12, 2020
- Location Pittsford, VT
- Category Culinary
- Job type Summer Job
Our mission states: Camp Betsey Cox develops strong, capable, imaginative girls who will make a positive difference in their world with self-confidence, independent decision-making capabilities, and with a passion for the outdoors. Job description
Integral member of a four-person kitchen team at a residential girl’s summer camp:
- 8 camper weeks- June 28-August 22
- 1 Staff Orientation week June 22-June 26
- Team member in a summer camp kitchen dedicated to providing creative menus and preparing good, healthy food three meals a day in collaboration with Head Cook in charge of overall kitchen.
- Meals incorporate locally sourced food, accommodation of a variety dietary choices including: gluten free, lactose intolerant, vegetarian, vegan, and include camp program themes upon occasion.
- Community is about 175 people and includes about 45 vegetarians, and about a dozen special dietary choices.
Responsibilities in detail:
- Work with Head Cook to set menus and prepare three meals per day as a kitchen team.
- Assist with the ordering/procurement of ingredients for the menus
- Assist kitchen staff with all tasks need to run a smooth kitchen.
- Meet all health and safety standards according to state and camp standards
- communicate daily with the directors formally or informally as circumstances require
- Interact with campers and their parents as necessary (opening days)
- Completion of high school or the equivalent, or further studies.
- Interest in lifelong learning
- Interest in working in a multigenerational, residential community
- Experience in kitchens
- Servesafe certified not required but beneficial
- Salaried position for the season
- On site housing and all meals and time off rotation.
- Limited seasonal health insurance during the season
- Camp program for any sons or daughters age 9-14
- Full access to camp activities and facilities during the season
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMay 31, 2020