Farm Hand on Pastured Livestock Farm Pigasus Meats
- Date Posted March 10, 2020
- Location South Hero, VT
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
Tasks include but are not limited to: feeding, watering, setting up portable fence, general health checks, fence maintenance/clearing, egg washing, egg collecting, building projects, and staffing farmers markets. While we raise both pigs and laying hens, a good amount of work is devoted to the layer flock in terms of movement of portable range housing, egg washing, and egg collecting. Working with the pigs involves forage monitoring, fence building, and land clearing. The ideal candidate works well as a team member but is also comfortable in doing solo tasks such as fence clearing and egg collecting. Good humor, a sense of responsibility, and a willingness to work and learn are key traits that we are looking for in a future employee. This is a full-time, year-round position
Compensation Pay: $10.96/hr
Housing is provided in a modern on-farm apartment, separate from the main farm house. Eggs and pork are available to the employee.
-Utilities, WiFi, and access to laundry facilities are included with housing
• Good humor/attitude
• Ability to work in all weather conditions
• Critical thinking/problem solving
• Able to lift 50+ pounds
• Excited to work on a pasture-based farm and to learn!
• Flexibility for weekend work (chore shifts)
• We love pups but we unfortunately do not have the space for another one on the farm Compensation this position is : hourly, under $15/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineApril 27, 2020