Deli Manager The Good Life Grocery
- Date Posted March 10, 2020
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The Good Life Grocery is a local small business dedicated to providing healthy, natural and fair-priced food to the San Francisco community. Working at Good Life is not only about selling quality, healthy food but also about connecting with great customers and co-workers in a positive working and learning environment.Job description
The Good Life Grocery seeks an experienced Deli Manager for our Potrero Hill store. The Deli Manager works closely with the General Manager to ensure the success of the department through excellent customer service, ordering and inventory controls, product quality, and supervisions of Deli Clerks. Your role as the Deli Manager is to effectively coordinate production, merchandising, and sale through planning, direction, communication, and teamwork. Working in our Deli Department requires food safety knowledge to properly maintain and manage industry standards. If you thrive in fast-paced environments, and are looking for a challenge, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities for this position:
- Manage inventory and pricing, including signage, to achieve sales and margin goals.
- Ensure all areas of department are stocked, rotated and faced, adhering to merchandising standards and category schematics.
- Receive and unload merchandise, do quality control, and communicate any issues to management and merchandising team.
- Coach department team to maintain and organized inventory according to company policy.
- Oversee food preparation, production, and merchandising standards.
- Manage department staff, assisting with interviewing and hiring, and responsible for training and performance management.
- Work with store management to understand and respond to current store trends.
- Assist customers with product selection, sharing product knowledge, and making suggestions based on customer needs.
- Supervise and maintain special order system, ensuring customer special orders are accurately placed and delivered.
- Coordinate with other managers to plan and conduct in-store tastings.
- Plan for weekly ads, events, and holidays using tools and reports.
- Responsible for department related administrative tasks, ensuring that department adheres to company invoice, credit, transfers and inventory procedures, and balance administrative tasks with presence on floor.
- Maintain professional vendor relationships.
- Act as Manager on Duty when assigned and perform other duties and tasks as needed.
Ideal candidate meets the following qualifications:
- Experience: At least 5 years of culinary, deli, restaurant or kitchen management experience. Cheese and Specialty Foods experience a plus.
- Strong Management Skills: You can manage processes and people effectively by building trust and creating a positive work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: You can motivate and convey corrective actions and performance reviews in a professional, constructive and timely manner.
- Multi-tasker: You are prepared and able to handle multiple requests, questions, and concerns simultaneously and you naturally prioritize which item needs to be resolved first.
- Detailed Oriented: Strong work ethic with a willingness to help wherever needed.
- Culinary Skills: You are passionate about food and take food preparation and creation seriously.
- Certifications: ServSafe Manager certification required
The Deli Manager may be assigned to work various schedules which include morning, afternoon, and evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime. Applicants for this position must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on customer and store needs. Deli manager must work some evening shifts, and at least one weekend shift per week is required.
This is a full-time position. Competitive compensation based on experience/qualifications. Position includes medical and dental insurance, 401K, flexible scheduling, employee purchase discount, and commuter transit benefits.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline