Line Cook Valley
- Date Posted March 11, 2020
- Location Sonoma, CA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Valley is a new restaurant, wine bar and bottle shop in downtown Sonoma, CA scheduled to open April 2020.
The menu is driven by the availability of seasonal produce and the offerings of local purveyors, and influenced by our travels and personal history. The beverage program includes local producers as well as imports, with an emphasis paid to organic & biodynamic agriculture practices.
Valley aims for a sustainable approach to all aspects of its business, from waste-reducing and eliminating practices to a radical intentionality behind the economy and environment we will create for our employees. As Sonoma locals, we’re looking for creative ways to support and promote our community. We are dedicated to making sure those that work alongside us are able to live fully in the place they serve.Job description
As a member of the Kitchen Team, you will be responsible for executing all of our food menu items in a high-volume casual restaurant environment in our open kitchen, working directly with our Front of House team to provide memorable experiences to our customers.
We are looking for Kitchen Team members who are hard working and share our interest in excellent hospitality and delicious food. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about food and cooking, pays attention to detail, has strong work ethic, is eager to learn and fun to be around. Professional growth and opportunity to learn from acclimated hospitality professionals are some of the many benefits to joining the Valley team!
We will be cooking California home cooking: simple, rustic fare with excellent ingredients and phenomenal produce. The menu will be a combination of satisfying, static snacks and sharable dishes and changing market-driven specials.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of Valley values and standards as outlined in the company training documents
- Open and set up the kitchen line in a timely fashion
- Close and reset the kitchen for next day's service
- Execute daily prep items
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness by performing regular cleaning and maintenance of kitchen tools and equipment.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and organization, adhering to Sonoma County Health Department standards as well as Valley internal standards.
- Run food items with a focus on hospitality.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment
- Work efficiently with a constant sense of urgency
- Able to work a flexible schedule as business dictates (including nights and weekends)
- Able to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed
- Be able to lift up to 30 pounds frequently
- Experience working in a restaurant or other commercial kitchen preferred.
- Valid California Food Handler card or a willingness to attain one.
- Must have evening availability
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline