QA Specialist Grafton Village Cheese
- Date Posted March 23, 2020
- Location Brattleboro, VT
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
The Grafton Village Cheese Company produces premium, aged cheddar cheese using traditional methods and milk from local dairy farms. It is a national leader in artisanal cheese making. It is a for profit business of the nonprofit Windham Foundation, based in Grafton, Vermont. The mission of the Windham Foundation is to promote the vitality of Grafton and Vermont’s rural communities through its philanthropic and educational programs and the GVCC is an important contributor to these endeavors.Job description
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee the grading program of all GVCC products to create a standard for each product
- Oversee the allocation process of all products to appropriate ages
- Ensure sanitary procedures are followed through all stages of production through observation, scheduled inspections, and unscheduled inspections
- Assist with daily lab tests and record results on milk and cheese at various production stages.
- Clearly communicate to and educate production team about methods and theory of sanitation and hygienic procedures.
- Implement SQFI program directives as required
- Assist in inventory tracking and production as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven ability to deliver results and meet deadlines
- Ability to be self-motivated and to prioritize multiple tasks appropriately
- Ability to articulate effectively; both verbally and via email
- Highly personable and trustworthy
- Possess the skills necessary to effectively work in a lab environment and to properly record and safeguard data.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office and databases
- Strong and successful management and communication skills
- Ability to successfully communicate with teens and other youths
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelors Degree (preferred, but not required)
- Lab experience in performing tests and recording data
- Successful track record of delivering results
- General knowledge Cheese Making and milk receiving process
- Good palate for identifying flavors in cheeses. Experience with tasting preferred, but not required.
This full-time position includes a comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, retirement and more.
Grafton Village Cheese Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, military status, disability, positive HIV-related blood test, or any other legally protected status.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineApril 29, 2020