R&D Specialist Good Culture
- Date Posted March 24, 2020
- Location Minneapolis, MN
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
About Good Culture:
We believe that if you eat good things, and surround yourself with good, you’ll feel good. Simple as that. That’s why we decided to create a food company that offers real organic ingredients from trusted sources, promotes good health and tastes great. Our mission is to make healing foods without hurting the planet or our animals. We are a cultured dairy company that currently makes pasture-raised cottage cheese, probiotic rich sour cream, wellness probiotic gut shots, and probiotic smoothies…. and big plans for more healing foods. We’re on the look for some cultured healers!Job description
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
We are currently seeking a R&D Technologist located In Minneapolis, Minnesota to join our Good Culture team. The primary responsibility of the position is to lead and assist in the development of new and improved products, processes, and packages for innovation and core. Responsible for providing technical support and project work in laboratory, pilot plant and plant environments. Supports, implements, and maintains food safety practices. Responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
Candidate must be able to work in a team/mission driven environment and be passionate about meeting stretch objectives. At Good Culture we believe a great culture values and fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We seek individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the development, scale-up and production of new and improved products, processes and packages or test lot materials. Operates laboratory equipment in a consistent and accurate manner according to approved methods. Understands and complies with all food safety and food manufacturing policies and procedures.
- Conducts experimental designs. Compiles, analyzes and summarizes data into report form. Tests summaries requiring an evaluation of results, generation of reports, graphs and statistical analysis including making recommendations. Obtains and handles samples from production plant/equipment locations to analysis in a safe and sanitary manner consistent with the information required and compliant with GMPs
- Supports and/or leads and conducts plant tests, packaging projects, production trials and commercialization/start-ups. This includes, but is not limited to, preparation of samples, preparation of test formulas, packages and participation in plant-based trials or experiments.
- Obtains samples and technical information about products that includes but is not limited to, direct measurements of product or package attributes, processing or packaging measurements, production data or quality measures.
- Conducts studies in laboratory and production plant/equipment locations in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Conducts routine and non-routine laboratory evaluations of products (chemical, physical and sensory testing).
- Available as a technical resource to corporate departments, including but not limited to Sales, Finance and Marketing.
- Maintains complete records of procedures followed, as well as observations and results obtained from product or package measures.
- Procure all packaging and ingredient needed to assembly and ship sales samples from your location.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Some post-secondary chemistry, biology, mathematics, statistics or food science or equivalent experience. Four-year degree in a technical field (e.g. chemistry, food science, physics, biology) preferred.
- Ability to build strong working relationships within cross-functional teams as well as complete independent work.
- Ability to work independently & autonomously but also to know when to reach out for support
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with statistical knowledge and its application a bonus
The position is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota and requires working from home for both office and lab duties with roughly 50% travel within the Midwest.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline