Culinary Teacher FrogLegs Culinary Academy
- Date Posted June 08, 2020
- Location Seattle, WA
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job type Full-Time
FrogLegs Culinary is a cooking school for Kids, teens & adults. We offer classes and events that are fun, engaging, delicious and above all, memorable. We offer a wide array of classes that range from camps, seasonal workshops, birthdays, adult classes, corporate events and so much more.
FrogLegs Culinary is a leading culinary school in the Seattle, Kirkland and now, Issaquah, neighborhoods. With a local footprint yet global aspirations, we are looking to grow our team with individuals whom share our passion for edible entertainment and education while wanting to be a part of a company that forecasts long-term potential.
We are looking for someone to join our energetic team that loves working in a fast paced environment, takes great pride in their work, carries a passion for baking and enjoys kiddos and adults alike.
If you'd like to be a part of the "hoppiest" place on earth, please see what our position has in store for you!
Overall job is to create a dynamic, fun and engaging experience for kids and their families while maintaining the function, operation & order of the kitchen.
FrogLegs runs camps, classes, birthday parties and events for kids of all ages. This job will primarily be focused on our children’s programming (ages 3-16).
Job function would include but not limited to:
A FrogLeg’s Ambassador always promoting FL as the Hoppiest place on earth!
- Teaching children how to cook. Striving to go outside the box in creating a fun dynamic experience for the kids. We look to our excellent team to bring new ideas to our learning.
- Execute lesson plans that will enable a smooth running class.
- Engage with parents and families to make it a well-rounded experience for everyone.
- Make sure that the team around you is set up for success by ensuring you represent yourself as a leader. creating an organized, smooth running class/events/birthdays etc.
- Communications: this will be both internal and external and will continue to evolve based on identified needs
- Adaptability in the ever changing nature of the business.
- A long term relationship with our company. We promote from within!
- Enthusiastic and can-do attitudes, someone that is accountable, reliable, honest and enjoys working with kids and adults alike.
- Exceptional time management skills and works well under pressure quickly solving problems.
- Someone that is patient, attentive to detail, organized and can stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Someone that is a team player and leader!
. The goal of this emphasis will be:
- Communicate effectively with the management team on all topics of the class.
- Be responsive to emails & internal communications within the FrogLegs team.
- Quality Control Management: Operation at whole, customer / student experience, classes, etc.
- Have fun! And make sure everyone around you is having fun too!
- We are looking for someone who is flexible. As a small business, flexibility and the ability to pivot when necessary is key.
* * This position may require teaching at one of our pop up locations in Issaquah or Bellevue on occasion.
*we also will look to discover what your talent or passions are to unlock those to put to use at FrogLegs! We believe in fueling your soul as well as our tummies!
- Part time to full time depending on availability and versatility.
- Full time position includes weekdays and weekends.
We have 2 locations and additional pop ups.
This job will primarily take place out of our University Village Location in Seattle, however, as mentioned, traveling to our other location and our pop up will be a part of the job.