Videographer Certified Naturally Grown
- Date Posted June 22, 2020
- Location Poughkeepsie, NY
- Category Education / Media
- Job type Part-Time
Certified Naturally Grown (CNG) offers certification to farmers and beekeepers who produce food for their local communities without the use of synthetic chemicals or GMOs. CNG's grassroots approach relies on peer-review inspections, direct relationships, and a high degree of transparency, all of which keep costs and paperwork to a minimum while fostering valuable knowledge exchange and networks among farmers.
More than 750 farmers and beekeepers throughout North America participate. They typically sell at farmers markets, via CSAs, and through independent grocers.
CNG's approach goes beyond enforcing regulations of prohibited substances and practices. We also promote best practices and scale-appropriate methods. We believe collecting and disseminating knowledge is essential to any grassroots movement, so we are partnering with Organic Growers School to develop online instructional materials and video lessons in Soil Health, Pest & Disease Management, and Weed Management.Job description
CNG seeks to create a series of short educational videos featuring experienced farmers sharing their ecological practices for pest, weed, and disease management. The videographer will work with a CNG representative to gather footage on a farm location in Poughkeepsie, NY. This location will be the source for five to seven videos, of approximately three minutes each when edited. We expect each topic to take no more than two hours to cover over the course of one to two days. The videographer will be expected to capture the farmer’s instruction, the surrounding context, as well as close ups and B-roll. We may expand the scope of our work and choose to create additional videos based on the outcome of this initial phase.
For each of the video topics, the topic, proposed script and ideal shot list will be shared with the videographer ahead of time by the project team. The footage will be delivered to the editing team on a provided hard drive following the shoot.
Please note that due to the demanding and unpredictable nature of farming, there is a small but real likelihood that the filming date/s may need to be rescheduled on short notice. For this reason we will expect the videographer to be prepared for as little as 24 hour notice of rescheduled filming dates. Ideally the videographer would live within a few hours drive of the filming location.
- Have one’s own professional camera and sound equipment
- Have a portfolio of videography work, ideally field interviews
- Ability to travel easily by car to farm location
- Ability to deliver the organized, unedited media with audio synced and color corrected
- Ability to troubleshoot unanticipated situations as they arise in the field (noise from neighboring farm, uncooperative weather conditions, etc)
- Ability to collaborate remotely with project team on shot list and script prior to shoot date/s
Desirable Skills and Qualities
- Have knowledge of sustainable farming practices and experience working on a farm
- Have experience developing educational videos