Chief of Staff Red Rabbit
- Date Posted June 26, 2020
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Red Rabbit is a fast-growing, mission-driven business. We set out to tackle the obesity crisis affecting children in our community and have built an award-winning innovative model that offers healthy breakfasts, lunches, and snacks to tens of thousands of children in hundreds of schools throughout New York City every day.Job description
About the Role
Red Rabbit is seeking a Chief of Staff to join our Executive team. The role’s primary functions are relationship management, driving internal and external communications, managing large-scale initiatives and acting as a strategic advisor to the CEO. The role works closely with Red Rabbit’s senior leadership and will have access to leaders on the forefront of the food justice movement.
The ideal candidate is a master organizer and project planner, with a high EQ to successfully manage relationships. You should be adaptable, enjoy navigating complex and ambiguous situations and thrive in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Relationship Management: Build strong relationships with team members across the organization in order to influence outcomes and maintain project momentum. Serve as a proxy for the CEO to facilitate meetings and ensure clarity and organizational alignment. Advance Red Rabbit’s mission through connections within the broader food justice and education communities.
- Communications: Support the CEO in working and communicating effectively with all internal and external stakeholders, including staff, community leaders, partners and board members. Shape internal leadership communications so that our staff are informed and inspired and see how their day-to-day work connects to our mission and the food justice movement.
- Project Management: Oversee large, cross-functional, organization-wide projects and initiatives; bring together important stakeholders and help drive decisions. Research, perform benchmarking, analyze data, and make recommendations. Manage the hiring process for leadership roles reporting to the CEO.
- Strategic Advisor and Confidante: Act as a sounding board for the CEO. Organize and align strategic priorities with members of the senior leadership team ensuring the right people are focused on the right things at the right time. Help determine and track key performance indicators.
Skills & Requirements
- BA/BS degree. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience as a Chief of Staff, or similar role, to an executive-level position.
- Experience having worked for mission-driven organizations, likely in the food or education space.
- Proven track record of working closely with C-suite/VP-level management while also influencing across multiple levels and functions of an organization
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple projects successfully
- Ability to dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Experience developing executive presentations, documents, etc. with advanced level PowerPoint, and Excel skills (or equivalent)
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
Job Type: Full time
Location: Harlem, NY
Reports to: CEO
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance / Free Lunch / B-Corp Membership.
About The Company
Red Rabbit is growing fast - together we are changing the way an entire generation approaches food, through our whimsical menus, sustainable business practices and a focus on doing work that matters. If this sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, you may be the perfect fit!
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.Compensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Application instructions