Private Chef N/A
- Date Posted June 26, 2020
- Location Brooklin, ME
- Category Culinary
- Job type Summer Job
- Planning and preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily.
- Grocery shopping. (A large grocery store and natural foods co-op are 20 minutes away by car, and there are several local farmers markets and farm stands, as well as a small store for essentials just 5-minutes away.)
- Running occasional errands.
- Washing the dishes and keeping the kitchen and dining areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Potentially cooking for a couple of small dinner parties.
- At least 3 years of experience cooking privately or in professional kitchens (ideally fine dining).
- A preference for sourcing and cooking with high quality (local, organic, grass-fed, etc.) ingredients whenever possible.
- U.S. driver's license.
- Comfortable interacting with others, and at the same time respectful of our need for some measure of privacy and quiet (which will not be possible when the grandchildren are visiting!).
- Experience cooking for people with dietary restrictions (gluten free, dairy free, diabetic, etc.). We will provide information on food preferences, limitations, etc. for anyone you'll be cooking for.
- Your own car.
- Childcare experience (there will be an opportunity for you to help out for extra pay while our grandchildren are visiting).
- $1300 per week, paid bi-weekly and prorated for any partial weeks.
- Reimbursement for all out-of-pocket costs, including travel/gas.
- Room and board. We have a second house on our property that will be yours for the majority of your time with us. The house has three bedrooms and three baths, as well as living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry, etc. It's charming and quite private, with lovely ocean views. For a week or so while our daughters are visiting, they will need to use the house; during that time, you'll stay in a log cabin also on the property -- it's basic but clean, and has its own small kitchen and bathroom, in addition to four bunk beds.
- One full day off per week (we just ask that you make sure there is enough prepared food to carry us over), plus additional time off when possible.
- Access to the beach, lots of outdoor space, local walking/hiking trails and other activities, restaurants, etc.