Baking Assistant/Sales Staff Three Babes Bakeshop
- Date Posted June 26, 2020
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
ABOUT THREE BABES BAKESHOP:
Three Babes Bakeshop is a pie business founded by best friends Anna Derivi-Castellanos and Lenore Estrada in 2011. We hail from California's Central Valley, and we are proud to feature all of the fine bounty that grows there! We make our pies by hand with the highest quality organic and local ingredients, and work to bring more awareness to the issues at play in working class and farming communities across America. We have a commercial kitchen in San Francisco’s Bayview Neighborhood and sell our pies for pickup and delivery in San Francisco seven days a week, at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market every Saturday, and via select wholesale accounts throughout the Bay Area. We ship our nut pies nationally and are particularly busy during the fall for Thanksgiving, and during February/March for Pi Day.Job description
BAKING ASSISTANT/SALES STAFF/CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (NOTE: This position requires a valid California Driver's License, as the sales staff drives our business vehicle to and from the farmers market, and may need to run errands, pick up produce from the market, etc.)
Reports to: Assistant Baking Operations Manager, Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Works with: Director of Operations, Assistant Baking Operations Manager, Head of Product, HR, Maintenance Staff, Receiving personnel at delivery drop-offs, delivery personnel who come to our kitchen to pick up pies, our sales and marketing coordinator, and customers.
Location: San FranciscoPlease note:
We are hiring for long-term full-time and part-time staff who can do both baking and sales, in addition to a baking and customer service role for the weekends and weekdays.
We are looking for friendly, and well-spoken sales staff to work our stand at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market and to staff popups. We currently sell whole pies, pie by the slice and cookies at the farmers market. While working as a member of our sales team you will report to the Director of Sales. Applicants are required to work weekends on Saturdays.
Our bakers are responsible for working as a team to produce the world’s best pies, on time, under budget and at scale while maintaining a positive, transparent and cooperative environment. As a Baking Assistant, you will learn to make pies of superior quality quickly and efficiently, and will build good habits by engaging in the processes we set forth.
Under the guidance of the Assistant Baking Operations Manager and Head of Product (and, in their absence, the Baking Lead and Bakers) you will be responsible for, on a continuous basis, working to follow and improve our systems, and processes. Specific responsibilities for all jobs are listed below. As a Baking Assistant, you will work under the guidance of our more experienced staff members for all tasks.
We fabricate and sheet pie crust, make and fit graham cracker crusts, process a lot of fruit, mix custards, and bake and box lots of pies! We work hard, but also like to have fun in the kitchen.
Customer Service Associate:
We are looking for friendly and well-spoken staff to work both in the kitchen as a baking assistant, and to focus on customer service over the weekends on Saturdays and Sundays. The ideal candidate loves baked goods and loves helping people – both internally (your team at Three Babes) and externally (with customer and vendors). You exhibit patience, kindness and good humor, even when working with customers or situations that may be challenging. You will be responsible for communicating with our customers (directly, via email and phone communication and also indirectly, through our website and printed collateral). At all times, you ensure that our customers have a delightful, personal experience that only improves as the years pass.
Overall Requirements for employment at Three Babes:
Attention to detail, basic math skills, the ability to read and write in English, excellent personal hygiene, and the ability to follow directions are a must. Patience, resourcefulness, a positive attitude, the ability to communicate openly and honestly, teamwork, and basic professionalism are also required. We are looking for candidates with a strong sense of ownership and pride in their work, and a desire to invest in our company as a core part of our team. Details are below!
Requirements for this role:
- No professional baking experience is necessary, but you must be comfortable working on a team and must be comfortable giving and receiving feedback. You must also be able to do basic math.
- Attention to detail: You must possess a strong attention to detail and be able to follow directions and recipes.
- Physical Requirements. You will be required to stand for the entire time you are working on production, and lift 25 to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Sense of urgency. You must work with speed. As a Baking Assistant you will be working at first to learn the jobs required to make pies, and within a few weeks you should be well on your way to achieving the timing and efficiency expectations we set forth.
- Three Babes has a positive and collaborative culture, and you must be able to resolve problems, accept feedback and communicate clearly in a positive way while remaining effective. You must be able to read and write in English.
- Self-starter. Many of the systems & processes that we need have yet to be built. Our ideal candidate has no problem rolling up their sleeves and pitching in. We're looking for someone who's flexible, nimble, doesn't have an ego and is ok with getting their hands dirty. A positive outlook and sense of humor are a must!
- Responsible Driver - This position requires that you be willing/able to drive our Ford Transit Connect, and that you have a valid California Driver's License.
Knowledge of organic farming and agricultural issues, passion for food and baking a plus! Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions