The Beaverkill Valley Inn is a boutique hotel and fine dining restaurant in the pristine Catskill Mountains 2 hours from NYC. The Inn is a 19 room National Historic Register property built in 1895 steps from the Beaverkill River. The Inn is also the hub for the Beaverkill Mountain Club, an 85- family community of conservation minded weekend home-owners. Our descriptors include adventure, luxury, wilderness, family-friendly, world class fly-fishing, fine dining, farm to table, and community- and conservation-minded. We are 4.5-4.7 rated on Google and TripAdvisor because the Inn’s staff is long-term, reliable, committed, and outstanding in every way. Like many neighboring towns, nearby Livingston Manor has seen a renaissance with a craft pizzeria, 2 local brewpubs, The Catskill Arts Society, a BBQ joint, a coffee roaster, an artisan bakery, a Scandinavian home goods store, and more opening in the past 5 years alone.
We are seeking a Jr. Sous or Sous Chef to complete our dynamic BOH team. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years experience working in professional kitchens, preferably fine dining. The ability to take direction well, think on your toes, work as a team and be highly organized is a necessity to succeed in this position. Familiarity with catering large events such as weddings and galas is a plus.
- Act as expediter during service.
- Become proficient on all stations of the kitchen.
- Contribute to menu planning.
- Complete all production and prep work required.
- Assume responsibility for all activity in the kitchen when supervising.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Perform all duties, other than the above listed, as requested by management.
this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr
This job expired on August 26, 2020