- Date Posted June 30, 2020
- Location Washington, DC, DC
- Category Business / Education
- Job type Full-Time
About Yay Lunch:
We are Yay Lunch, a new business concept with the mission to provide healthy food for kids away from home, beginning with school lunches. Our mission is simple: deliver delicious, healthy lunches made by local vendors to kids at school in an easy, reliable, cost-effective way for parents. How do we do it? We curate menus with local vendors in each market, families order online, and we deliver fresh lunches daily to kids at school. Easy!
Since launching a pilot in the 2017 / 18 school year, we have expanded rapidly. We currently operate in the DC Metro area, as well as Richmond, Norfolk and Charlottesville, Virginia. We have aggressive growth plans backed by experienced venture capital partners, and we are excited about our prospects!
As the Market Manager of the Washington Metropolitan Area, you will be responsible for growing the Yay Lunch markets in Northern Virginia and DC Metro area by strategically fostering relationships with new partner schools; developing deeper relationships with parents through outreach campaigns, on-site events, and other brand-building, community-oriented activities; and fostering new relationships in the market, bringing more schools into the Yay Lunch family.
- Develop and execute a market-level growth strategy for Northern Virginia and DC Metro schools.
- Build on relationships with existing partners while creating and growing relationships with new schools.
- Work closely with other Yay Lunch managers to share and integrate locally developed processes that will help scale to other cities.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager to develop and grow the market sustainably.
- Achieve quarterly and annual growth targets
You must have:
- Sales, marketing, or outreach experience
- Management experience (hiring, training, managing 2-3 team members)
- Experience working with schools is a plus
- Proficiency with Google suite (Drive, Sheets, Docs, Hangout, etc.)
- Strong time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A reliable, personal vehicle, great driving record, & car insurance
You must be:
- A creative problem solver
- Outgoing, personable, and social
- Clear-headed under pressure
- Able to take a lateral, creative approach to getting things done
- Pragmatic, with data-driven decision-making skills allowing for quick execution
- Reliable, punctual, professional, and presentable
- Competitive salary plus commission
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote and flexible environment
- Significant support structures, on-the-ground training, & coaching from corporate team members