Kitchen Manager King David Tacos
- Date Posted June 30, 2020
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
King David Tacos is a woman-owned and Brooklyn-founded business, established in June 2016. We bring one of the best exports from Austin, TX to the daily lives of New Yorkers: breakfast tacos.
Before KDT, New York City (arguably the world’s center of food culture and influence) had been devoid of real breakfast tacos (arguably the perfect breakfast food) for too long. But beyond being Tex-Mex-obsessed, it is our belief that NYC is in need of better on-the-go breakfast.
KDT has reinvented the way a food business can enter the market, with wholesale, retail, and catering arms working in concert. We specialize in grab'n'go breakfast tacos that are simple and delicious, are created for everyday enjoyment without guilt, and are tailored to the fast-paced lifestyle and discerning tastes of New Yorkers.
King David Tacos serves a regional breakfast food that is simple, but requires care and diligence. We are looking for a dedicated, reliable, experienced, and energetic Kitchen Manager who is excited about growing with our company.
In spite of the massive challenges currently faced by the foodservice industry, KDT has prevailed and remained in operation, pivoting to home deliveries. This has allowed us to keep the business alive and ready to re-emerge in full force post-corona, at which time, we will reinstate our business as it existed pre-corona.
**We are looking to fill this position immediately as we have been in operation and have already started reopening arms of the business that were temporarily closed, including retail.**
We operate out of our own large commissary kitchen in Downtown Brooklyn. The menu is straightforward but requires great attention to detail and consistency. We cook everything fresh each day and then package it for grab-and-go / individual servings. Our business has three arms: Catering, Retail (through mobile carts), and Wholesale (fresh distribution to coffee shops / cafes).
The Kitchen Manager is expected to contribute to building a business by optimizing and implementing processes, to train the kitchen staff for support in these responsibilities as well as for internal growth, to manage staffing / coverage, to produce a high-quality product consistently, and to communicate any challenges to upper management.
Day-to-day, the Kitchen Manager will oversee production, executing established recipes and production processes with the assistance of the Kitchen Supervisor and 2-5 additional kitchen staff. The Kitchen Manager will also be responsible for enforcing employee guidelines among the staff, ensuring that the kitchen runs to the business’s standards, and fostering a positive and motivational work environment. The Kitchen Manager works hand-in-hand with the Operations Manager to ensure King David Tacos is running as efficiently and as effectively as possible.
This is a full-time, salaried position, 5 days / week, with the production shift running from 5p to 1a, hours or days varying or sometimes extending depending on volume of orders and any necessary prep, management meetings, or admin duties in order to accommodate business needs
- Ensures the kitchen is stocked, staffed and prepared to produce and send out product for all orders, 7 days / week
- Manages kitchen team in terms of scheduling, hiring and firing, evaluating performance and conduct
- Oversees other Kitchen Staff, encouraging their growth and skill development
- Ensures company rules, policies and procedures are adhered to
- Completes inventory, ordering and food costing
- Acts as liaison between kitchen production team and coordinating departments (Drivers and Retail team) for any expediting and / or product issues
- Completes administrative duties, including scheduling, replying to emails, printing kitchen sheets, writing and updating prep lists daily, updating recipes as needed, checking catering software / events calendar daily
- Responsible for hiring new Kitchen Staff alongside, Operations Manager and the CEO
- Ensures kitchen is up to Department of Health codes and standards
- Consults with Operations Manager on any items that need repair or maintenance (equipment, waste, exterminator, etc.)
- Must be able to work evenings, with flexible scheduling
- Reports directly to Operations Manager and the CEO
- 3+ years experience leading and managing a kitchen
- New York City Food Handler’s License
- Culinary school graduate preferred, but definitely not required for the right candidate
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong leadership and communication skills, ability to lead by example
- Computer proficient
- Self-motivated, problem-solver and team player with a collaborative mindset
- Ability to delegate work among employees in a logical, efficient manner
- Excellent work ethic—ability to stay clean, calm, and focused under all circumstances
- Commitment to the company and upholding the standards of the brand
- Ability to reach, bend, squat and frequently move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time
- 10 days paid vacation and/or sick leave (restrictions apply)
- All the breakfast tacos you can eat!
This is a great opportunity to grow with a young company. We’re a positive group of people with the drive to make something great, and it’s an exciting time to join our team.
Pay will be dependent on experience. We compensate well for reliability and dedication.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline