Sous Chef - Expeditor Brown Sugar Kitchen
- Date Posted July 01, 2020
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Are you ready to join a restaurant team committed to intentionally creating a better work culture.? Tanya Holland’s Oakland restaurant Brown Sugar Kitchen, an Oakland treasure, is building our team for the future. We are cultivating a team unlike one you’ve ever worked with - one based on support, care and respect. AND you’ll have the opportunity to elevate your game by working alongside one of America’s renowned chefs. If you are a lone wolf, eager to make a name for yourself, this is NOT the position for you! We are looking for folks who see how they fit into the whole, are sensitive to how their work affects the work of others, and are committed to executing the Chef’s vision.
Brown Sugar Kitchen is looking for a Sous Chef/Expeditor
The position of sous chef/expeditor is responsible for:
- Ensuring that all food is prepared and served in a timely manner AND in keeping with Chef Tanya’s exacting standards
- Making sure that all recipes are followed in accordance with Chef Tanya’s standards.
- Checking all orders for accuracy.
- Executing all dishes with consistently superior quality
- Help restock and provide assistance to the bar during peak hours
- Lead and support the BOH staff.
- Work closely with Kitchen production manager
- Being engaged in our checklist culture - lead others in using checklists
- A passion for the food industry/curiosity about technique and other cuisines
Our ideal candidate:
- Has at least two years supervisory experience.
- Has at least two years experience working a busy line and managing many tasks at once with calm and ease
- experience with Southern/Soul food is helpful
- Is unwilling to send out food that isn’t 100% up to Chef Tanya’s standards
- Willing to ask for guidance from Chef Tanya when something isn’t clear
- Positive attitude and interested in developing themselves as a leader
- Strong listening skills
- Checks workstation for cleanliness and safety always; will not leave or let others leave until it meets the standards.
- Wants the entire team’s interaction with the kitchen to be the best part of their day.
- Must have a current and up to date CA food handlers card
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to lift approximately 30 lbs.
- Available to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday)
Benefits of this position include:
- Hourly wage combined with significant tip sharing
- Expanding company with opportunities for growth and promotion from within.
- A fast and fun atmosphere!
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline