Director of Social Engagement Sitka Salmon Shares
- Date Posted July 02, 2020
- Location Madison, WI
- Category Business / Media
- Job type Full-Time
Sitka Salmon Shares has a passion for storytelling. We believe in the power of stories to inspire, to inform, to entertain, and to delight. Great stories create tremendous value for our company, and, of course, for our members and our fishermen, who love to know about one another.
The social engagement director is responsible for creating the strategy and vision for storytelling among our social channels and influencer partnerships and bringing that vision to life. They will oversee an internal social media team and external agency focused on influencer marketing to increase engagement and awareness, drive acquisition and retention, build integrations across efforts, create data-driven best practices to elevate our brand, and increase team efficiencies. To be successful in this role, our director must have deep experience with social media and influencer marketing, a passion for storytelling, ability to work in a face paced environment, an an entrepreneurial spirit, experience building and motivating teams, and a commitment to environmental stewardship.
About this job
In the role of Social Engagement Director, you will drive to expand Sitka Salmon Share's reach and subscribers on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter/Periscope. You will also come up with new and creative ways to reach different social media platforms and audiences. You will also be charged with making sure all social media properties are current, correct, and attended to on a constant basis.
The social engagement director’s success in this role will be evaluated based on growth of the average views/viewership and increase in subscribers and followers to all of Sitka Salmon Shares' social media channels.
The social media director’s primary responsibility will be to evoke constant growth of all of Sitka Salmon Shares' social media properties in new and innovative ways, manage a small team to ensure that growth occurs and ensure all social media properties are continuously updated and maintained.
Other Responsibilities Will Include:
- Working with growing the show's outreach through partnering with social media influencers along with serving as a cross functional member of internal teams.
- Help expand our distribution both within existing platforms as well as through exploring growth opportunities in new platforms.
- Continually test and evaluate new strategies, tactics, and partnership opportunities in an effort to evolve and improve our product offering and outreach.
- General development of brand awareness, our community, and influencer outreach efforts in new and creative ways.
- Organic promotion, strategic planning, creative development and trafficking optimization.
- Assist in administering cross platform content publishing (images, video, and written) through organic and paid efforts.
- Aid in the design, creation and management of promotions and social ad campaigns.
- Analyze key metrics and optimize distribution strategy.
- Diligently following new platform launches, existing platform updates, and general best practices.
Necessary Skills Attributes & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Social Engagement Director at a company, advertising agency, media company, innovative news or e-commerce organization in which you can demonstrate working in a lead and critical role for successful social media campaigns and outreach.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Obsession for detail and accuracy in all things
- Innovative imagination and good visual sense
- Management skills as well as a collaborative working style
- Can effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Excels at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Practices superior time management.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Has evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- A sense of humor, ability to laugh and make work enjoyable for you and your coworkers
Job Type: Full-time
Sitka Salmon Shares is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Location job can be done remotely Application instructions