Private Chef Artists' Studio
- Date Posted July 03, 2020
- Location Los Angeles, CA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
We are looking for a candidate to fill the position of Private Chef for an artist studio in Los Angeles. The position will be focused on preparing and cooking healthy meals for an artist couple, their children, and a staff of about 12; including planning menus and doing weekly grocery shopping.
Schedule is Monday through Thursday, with grocery shopping typically done on Sundays. Hours vary but typically range from 8:00am - 3:00pm M-Th, with 3 hours on Sunday for shopping, delivery, and menu planning. The position will be based in a kitchen at the artist studio, all cooking materials and supplies will be provided.
Our ideal candidate has professional kitchen experience, and is independent and a self starter. Being organized and flexible is essential.
- Create and prepare a menu of healthy meals for lunch and dinner each week, taking note of any dietary restrictions and following the recommendations of a nutritionist.
- Cooking simple breakfast to be served M-Th for principal upon request.
- Cooking lunch to be served M-Th for principals and studio staff (about 14 people). Occasionally also cooking for guests at the studio.
- Preparing dinner for the family to cook or reheat at home. These meals are to be prepared, labeled, and packed, along with simple cooking/reheating instructions. Occasionally requires driving dinner to house.
- Dependent on any dietary restrictions, separate dishes may need to be prepared per meal.
- Buying groceries as needed per menu plan, as well as keeping the studio fully stocked with supplies, snacks, and drinks. Shopping is typically done on Sunday, and one other time in the week. Organic produce, free-range, grass-fed meats, etc. is preferred when possible.
- Occasionally cooking for dinner parties upon request.
- Maintaining kitchen and supplies:
- Keeping the kitchen and work area clean. Run dishwasher, wipe surfaces, sweep the floor, and empty the trash/ recycling at the end of each day.
- Keeping kitchen stocked with cleaning and other frequently used supplies
- Collecting compost, and washing napkins and kitchen cloths as needed
- Arrange for oven and grill deep cleaning every 2-3 months, or as needed
- Experience as a private chef is ideal
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, reliable and resourceful
- Calm under pressure and skilled at multitasking
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience working in team oriented office environments, comfortable working with children and dogs
- Has a valid driver’s license, and car
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline