Director of Sourcing - Bright & Eats BARK
- Date Posted July 27, 2020
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
At BARK, we want to make dogs as happy as they make us. Because dogs and humans are better together.
That's why we're committed to creating the world's best products and experiences to satisfy each individual dog's distinct personality and preferences.
Dog people welcome. All of them. If you want to solve big problems in new ways with the smartest, kindest, weirdest people you've ever met, we want to meet you.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If 90% of your camera roll is full of dogs, you belong here.
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
We are seeking to hire a Director of Sourcing or Senior Sourcing Manager for our Bright and Eats businesses to lead BARK’s rapid growth and product expansion in the dog food and wellness space. The position will be based at HQ in NYC, reporting to the VP of Sourcing and will take responsibility for growing portfolios. This position will be responsible for leading the execution of category sourcing strategies for ingredients, contract manufacturing, and primary and secondary packaging. The role will also focus on leading new product launches end to end.
- Execution of category strategies: collaborate with Bright and Eats teams to implement action plans for contract manufacturers, primary components, and secondary components
- Lead supplier selection process for contract manufacturing & supplier agreement negotiations
- Support supply chain and cash flow initiatives: implement vendor management inventory programs, optimize supply chain lead time, and maximize economic value
- New product launches: engage with Marketing and Product Development/Innovation teams to support new development activities. Develop new suppliers and source new material with a focus on speed to market, quality, cost and supply stability.
- Research and maintain continual knowledge regarding supply market dynamics, trade, and industry dynamics
- Manage and maintain lead-time, quality, and delivery negotiations
- At least 5 years in a well-respected supply chain organization with a track record of results managing direct material and packaging categories
- CPG or Direct Selling procurement role in the food/consumable category is required
- Experience with category management across multiple channels and multi-step strategic sourcing processes; able to lead and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, and meeting management skills
- Understanding of general procedure to pay processes and systems, including use of ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
- Manages change through influence; capable of driving major commercial decisions across a diverse set of stakeholders
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate self and others; easily accepts constructive input from others
- Bachelor's Degree in business, chemistry, engineering, supply chain, or a related field
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.Compensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline