Farm Store Manager Rockland Farm Alliance
- Date Posted July 27, 2020
- Location New City, NY
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Part-Time
Rockland Farm Alliance
Farm Store Manager
The Rockland Farm Alliance is a not-for-profit 501c3 organization that, among numerous activities, operates the USDA-certified Cropsey Community Farm (CCF) in New City, NY. The CCF is situated in Rockland County, in the lower Hudson Valley. The CCF has been in production, under RFA’s auspices, for 10 years. We grow a diverse selection of organic produce and flowers for our 95-member CSA, as well as local markets, restaurants, and the Farm Store. We strive to grow the finest quality produce for our community, and also continue to explore the newest practices in organic production, such as the construction of an earth-battery greenhouse for germination, and biodynamic methods.The mission of the Farm Store is to provide locally-sourced organic and sustainably grown food and other products for our community and region.
The Farm Store Manager leads the weekly operations of the on-site Farm Store. The Farm Store Manager works with the Farm Manager to set priorities, practices, and systems to maximize sales and maintain customer satisfaction. In collaboration with the Farm Manager and the Executive Director, the Farm Store Manager selects products, develops pricing, develops displays and the Store environment, and manages weekly ordering.
The Farm Store Manager is responsible for training and supervising all Store staff as needed, implements certified organic practices, and oversees regular cleanings of the Store. The Farm Store Manager possesses a working understanding of seasonal produce and its uses, and provides customers with recipes and other ideas that enrich their experience with our products. This is a seasonal position, active during the months of May through November.
The Farm Store Manager reports to the Executive Director.
- Establish and develop merchandising focus for the Farm Store
- Coordinate and receive orders from multiple vendors
- Coordinate with Farm Manager to market farm produce
- Operate and coordinate Store use of POS software and manage cash sales
- Hire and manage Farm Store staff
- Analyze expenses and sales trends and make adjustments, as necessary, to store operations
- Collaborate with Executive Director to develop marketing strategies
- A sense of humor and the ability to work on a team and as an individual
- Experience receiving, processing, and marketing produce and grocery items
- Experience with Square POS and creation of financial reports
- Punctuality and a detail-oriented disposition
- Ability to lift 40 lbs repeatedly, and to remain standing for long periods
- Passion for the principles of sustainable food and organic food systems.
- Flexibility in scheduling, including mornings, evenings, and weekends
- A diligent approach to safety and sanitation
- A willingness to jump in to complete all tasks - a self-starter and hard worker
This is an hourly position with a pay rate that is negotiable, based on experience as described above.
Hours per week: 20- 25
Current Schedule: Thursday-Sunday, 5 hours per day, which may increase based on success of the selected candidate
Job Type: Part-time
Additional Compensation: Store Discount of 30%
Location: Cropsey Farm, New City, NY
Website: rocklandfarm.orgCompensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions