Graphic Designer - Part Time Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-op
- Date Posted July 27, 2020
- Location Lancaster, PA
- Category Design / Media
- Job type Part-Time
Graphic Designer (Part-Time)
Are you passionate about clean, sustainable eating? Enthusiastic about working in a people-first culture committed to living the good life and eating the good food while being good people? Awesome! Keep reading…
Who we are –
We are a nonprofit organic farmers’ co-operative of over 100 farmers in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. We focus on creating healthy, high-quality foods from our highly maintained and enriched soils on our small-scale family farms. We deliver the best local organic produce, value added products, and humanely raised and pastured animal products to retail establishments, co-ops, restaurants, and institutions.
Who you are –
- You have appreciation for and working knowledge of the principles of sustainable agriculture and the value of organic produce
- You have a degree in graphic design or a related field or equivalent professional experience
- You have several years’ experience as an in-house designer or a freelance designer
- You are an excellent communicator, and friendly to all, with a strong degree of integrity and responsiveness
- You know your way around a computer (MS Office, PowerPoint; knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop, InDesign and WordPress), with a strong sense of design and understanding of the process
- You have a portfolio which demonstrates excellent layout skills and the ability to tell an inspiring story through images
- You are someone who looks for better ways to do things and likes to think outside of the box
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
- You are self-motivated and have awesome leadership skills
What you’ll be doing –
- Design and produce print material across all channels including printed and digital brochures/manuals, signage and marketing collateral for events, print and digital ads, fliers, swag and social media graphics.
- Project manage and execute all design projects, working with the Marketing Communications Manager to ensure timely and economical deliverables, prioritizing projects, and skillfully managing expectations.
- Strategize and brainstorm with the Marketing Communications Manager and Executive Director to collectively produce strong creative designs that tell a story.
- Maintain and co-manage vendor relationships with printers and production houses following our execution standards; collaborate where necessary with external resources such as web services, photographers, printers, contractors/consultants, etc.
- Partner with the Marketing Communications Manager to create engaging brand content across multiple media and digital campaigns.
- Create graphics for all promotional materials, such as stickers, apparel, grocery totes, and other small logoed items.
- Translate concepts and data into relevant info-graphics, tables, graphs and other visual items.
- Ensure the brand vision and identity is consistently translated in all visual marketing communications.
- Organize and maintain photo library as well as departments graphics filing system, archive and historical data.