NYC Operations Manager Myers Produce +1 more
- Date Posted July 27, 2020
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Myers Produce is a woman-owned regional distributor operating out of Hardwick, VT and Hadley, MA. We buy fruit and vegetables from small, primarily organic farms in Vermont and Massachusetts, and sell to wholesale customers in New York City and the Boston area. We have been in business since 2013. You will find more information about our operation at www.myersproduce.com.Job description We are seeking an individual to become the NYC Operations Manager on our team. This is a full-time position. Please see our part-time "NYC Fleet Manager" posting if you are interested in part-time work.
Myers Produce is a mission-driven for-profit company. We are working to support agriculture in our region by connecting primarily organic farmers in the Northeast to urban customers via sales and transportation. We do a ton of physical work, and we are constantly solving logistical puzzles, both online and on-the-ground. We care a lot about the work that we do, and we are looking for someone to join our team who will not only work hard, but who will care about our mission as much as we do!
We are currently a team of twenty people, including eight individuals based in NYC.
The NYC Operations Manager will be expected to work approximately 40 hours per week. This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Prepare routes & truck maps for all NYC-based deliveries
- Manage our team of NYC-based drivers
- Communicate with the Myers' Sales Team regarding NYC customer logistics
- Communicate with our customers' receiving departments regarding delivery appointments, receiving hours, receiving protocol, etc
- Communicate with drivers on-route regarding any questions, issues, & emergencies that come up on the road
- Complete one delivery/pick-up route each week
- Hire additional NYC-based drivers
- Cover for drivers when they are unable to complete their shifts
- Participate in logistical brainstorming as our business grows and evolves
The ideal candidate:
• Is extremely detail-oriented
• Is an excellent communicator via email, text message, and phone call
• Has at least one year of experience working with delivery logistics in NYC
• Has at least one year of experience managing a team of more than 5 people
• Has at least one year of experience driving commercial vehicles in NYC
• Is comfortable with last-minute changes to their schedule based on driver availability
• Has a clean or nearly clean driving record. Our insurance company looks closely to make sure drivers on our policy do not have a pattern of driving violations. Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $35,000.00 - $50,000.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineAugust 21, 2020