Delivery Driver Daybreak Growers Alliance
- Date Posted July 28, 2020
- Location Unity, ME
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
- Loading and driving a box truck, ensuring that orders are checked against pack lists and all complete orders are on board before departure.
- Delivering farm fresh produce throughout the State of Maine.
- Ensuring quality upon delivery.
- Backhauling orders.
- Navigating using your smartphone for GPS and ensuring optimum efficiency and safety on routes.
- Accurate delivery of orders to customers.
- Diligently wearing gloves whenever you touch product.
- Diligently wearing a mask when delivering.
- Sanitizing the vehicle after every shift.
- Being responsible for roadside assistance and towing in the event it is needed. (DGA insurance covers these roadside services.)
- Reporting driving hours daily, using GoogleSheets for time tracking and recording in written log kept in vehicle.
Please note: This position is located in Unity, Maine. As a delivery driver, you will start your shift at our warehouse. You must have reliable transportation to our headquarters. This position requires a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. A CDL license is not required for this position.
- Friendly, positive, and has an upbeat attitude
- Consistent attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Good problem-solving skills and able to think on your feet
- Flexibility in schedule as needs may increase or vary slightly as business grows and seasons change.
- Confident and able to work independently and complete deliveries in a timely manner
- Is a team player and is not afraid to ask questions
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism gracefully
- Passionate about sustainable agriculture and local food
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
- Willingness to work in inclement conditions
- Respectful of coworkers, vendors of all backgrounds, ethnicities, and gender identities.
- Adheres to all safety SOPs at all times
- Flexible with scheduling and committed to working a seasonal position June - December, with part time work Jan-May
TUESDAYS: 12PM to 5:30pm
WEDNESDAYS: 8:00am to 4pm
THURSDAYS: 8:00am to 2pm
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineAugust 29, 2020