Butcher Shop Manager Fleishers Craft Butchery
- Date Posted July 29, 2020
- Location Westport, CT
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
As a Fleishers Craft Butchery General Manager, you are on the front lines of our mission to connect people with great meat that is better for our health and supports sustainable local agriculture. In this leadership role, your job is to direct the day-to-day operations of your store, and to ensure customer satisfaction and increased profitability.
Fleishers Craft Butchery is a full service, custom butcher shop sourcing animals raised exclusively on pasture by our partner farms. We own the animals, and the process. Our mission is to connect people with delicious meats that are better for our health and kinder to our planet. We are looking for folks to join our team who want fulfilling work in helping us to build and expand this alternative food system. We value team players who bring new ideas to the table and strive for continual improvement. Join us and let's evolve the food chain together.
- Responsible for overall store operations, and managing sales goals and key point indicators.
- Reviews financial and operational reports and takes necessary actions based on report results (profit & loss reports, year over year sales data,, etc.).
- Properly scheduling of the workforce while meeting budgetary guidelines and desired labor rates.
- Controls Inventory for accuracy, and reviews inventory logging on a regular basis to ensure desired products are in-house.
- Ensures compliance with established policies and procedures including but not limited to safety (HACCP, OSHA), personnel, security, pest control and shrink control.
- Ensures timely and accurate management of all operations including safety, sanitation, shelf labels, inventory, merchandising, receiving, stocking, stacking position, order pulling, and in-store and online customer service.
- Has an eye for detail and has abundant creativity for new product development and merchandising, expanding product offerings to offer our customers a “whole plate’ experience.
- Maximizes all sales opportunities by scheduling sales and specials, and implementing strategies to raise average ticket sales.
- Manages selection, annual performance appraisals and professional development of all shop personnel.
- Manages cash practices and deposit schedules, and trains staff on cash protocols.
- Upholds the service standards and the operational mission of the company, communicates it to the employees and monitors activities in order to meet company goals.
- Creates and maintains a work environment free of all forms of harassment, enabling a safe workplace and retail space for employees and customers, alike.
- Forges strong business relationships with customers by maintaining courteous and kind communication, a culture of exceptional customer service, and by quickly and effectively resolving problems that may arise.
- Completes and processes necessary reports and paperwork accurately and timely.
- Maintains communication with the Corporate Offices to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Background in P&L, Inventory control, merchandising, hiring / training staff, merchandising, cash control, payroll, security / loss prevention mandatory.
- Computer program & app knowledge, such as Microsoft or Google Suite applications, POS management experience, and business team communication/project management apps like Slack and Asana, and the like.
- Strong leadership skills, capable of running a high volume operation.
- Excellent communication, organizational and people management / training skills and be extremely customer service oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Retail Grocery-related Major (preferred but not required)
- Minimum 3 years management experience in food service or grocery, supermarket, club warehouse, big box or mass merchandising environment.
- At least 2 years of butchery experience.
- ServSafe Food Handler or Manager Certification (preferred but not required)
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Sense of humor and kindness, a must.
Fleishers is proud to offer every full time employee partially-subsidized health insurance, a quarterly stipend to spend on in-store goods, and education opportunities from our world-class butcher staff.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline