Senior Front of House Manager Bread Alone Bakery
- Date Posted July 30, 2020
- Location Kingston, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Bread Alone has been baking with organic grains since our first loaf in 1983. We believe that organic food production is the right choice for individual health, for our earth, and for the farmers that work our fields.
This value started with a commitment in the early 1980s to a life that is closely connected to the land. Our dedication to organic grains started with simple farm visits and conversations many years ago.
Today, the support for organic agriculture and products is much wider. We are extremely proud to maintain this commitment and to bake Certified Organic breads for our customers.Job description
Job Title: Senior Front of House Manager
About Bread Alone:
Bread Alone is dedicated to producing the best breads and foods. This requires the best people. We strive to offer all of our employees an exciting and pleasant work environment, sustainable work-life balance, and opportunity for growth.
Bread Alone’s Senior Front of House Manager is a senior management role with responsibilities across Bread Alone’s four retail cafes. Key areas of focus include: People Development, Values Alignment, Visual Merchandising, Sustainable Operations, Cost Management, Sales Forecasting, Inventory Analysis, Social Media Coordination with Brand Manager, and Community Relations.
Bread Alone’s four cafes are all established in their Hudson Valley communities with stable teams and many loyal customers. The Senior Front of House Manager is a new, exciting role that will be tasked with elevating the existing Bread Alone experience, ensuring that guests are delighted, that employees take pride and joy in their work, and that store operations model Bread Alone’s core values.
This is a dynamic and exciting opportunity for a hospitality professional who is drawn to Bread Alone’s core values and wants to join our team as we continue improving our retail workplace and customer experiences.
The Senior Front of House Manager reports to the Bread Alone COO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee operational and financial performance of Bread Alone’s 4 retail locations (working with Senior Kitchen Manager counterpart)
- Direct management of the four individual store managers
- Work with individual store managers to ensure that aesthetic appearance and experience of stores meets brand standards
- Continually analyze key store metrics and ensure that store managers are meeting goals
- Work with ownership to develop operational, financial, and talent management targets for each location
- Attract, retain, and develop a retail team that creates the highest level of hospitality across our locations, and that supports Bread Alone brand values
- Work with Culinary Manager to maintain and implement appropriate training guide that ensures standard procedures, training standards, and service protocols across locations
- Continually assess our customer experience and ensure that Bread Alone offers a consistent, inviting, and ultimately delightful customer experience
- Model Bread Alone’s commitment to sustainable operations by supporting initiatives and identifying opportunities that minimize energy and reduce use and waste
- Serve as primary point of contact for Front of House related internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that all relationships reflect mutual trust and respect
- Support store managers through all phases of staffing: new hire screening and onboarding, oversight of staff development, ongoing training, coordination of performance review process, and supervision of progressive discipline
- Ensure that reviews, compliments, complaints are addressed immediately and professionally
- Direct inventory management process for management teams, including establishing order guidelines that ensure that inventory levels are maintained for each store
- Support store managers to ensure that equipment is maintained at standards necessary to ensure smooth operations daily
- Assist in design and build-out of original location (Boiceville) Front-of-House redesign
- Act with integrity, honesty, knowledge and professionalism to promote the culture, values and mission of Bread Alone
- Senior Manager salary range of $60,001 - $65,000 annually
Paid Time Off and Other Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Exempt managers receive 10 days PTO for 1st 3 years of employment, 15 days starting at year 3, accruing 1 additional day per year through year 8, to a maximum of 20 days.
- Wellness Time: 5 days annual wellness time for self- and family-care
- Holidays: Bread Alone operates 365 days/year. We close our administrative offices and pay time and a half on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Independence Day.
- Healthcare: Access to Bread Alone CDPHP plan with employer contribution
- 401k: 401k available with 5% employer match
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly during an 8 hour shift
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time
- Comfortable with repetitive motions
- Comfortable with diversity
- Willingness to be flexible with schedule
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays
- Able to follow through with verbal instructions
About the Bread Alone Work Environment
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Direct involvement in organic and sustainable food production and agriculture
- Passion for bread and pastry
- Commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive environment
- Positive and forward-looking attitude
Other Skills & Abilities
- At least 7 years retail management (in food service exclusive) experience in roles of increasing responsibility
- Food Handling certifications required
- Back of House experience a plus
- Other food safety credentials a plus
- Ability to remain calm and composure during stressful moments of production
- Diversity training a plus
- Advanced Excel and ERP experience a plus
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline