Front Counter Associate The Sandwich Shop
- Date Posted July 31, 2020
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Part-Time
Our ideal candidate is trustworthy, professional, punctual, reliable, attentive, energetic, cheerful and courteous. It is helpful if you speak both English and Spanish. Please know that we will review proof of your immigration status.
- Taking orders in person, over the phone, and managing our tablets. We love multi-taskers.
- Helping guests at the register and explaining the menu.
- Packing and serving to-go food orders.
- Cleaning and reorganizing.
- Assisting in the kitchen when necessary.
- Tracking store inventory and helping to restock it.
- Ability to stand for a full 8 hour + shift and lift 20 + pounds on occasion.
- Ready to work on weekends and holidays.
- Positively representing The Sandwich Shop all day every day.
Qualities we look for without compromise:
- You know the business. You have one or more years of recent retail or restaurant experience.
- You are a problem-solver with a solutions-oriented attitude and the ability to remain calm under pressure. You thrive during a very fast paced and high volume lunch rush that would drive some people crazy.
- You are a team player but are also self-directed. You're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and jump in to help your Team.
- You're energetic, friendly and genuinely interested about what brings Guests through our doors. Your customer service is consistently impeccable.
- You have an eye for how to optimize and improve everything around you.
- You show passion & commitment.
We hope to continue building a strong, enthusiastic team that is excited to grow with us as our business expands throughout the year.
Please note that the safety and security of our staff is most important to us. We are keeping close track of the COVID-19 situation in New York and are committed to following every safety protocol. We are lucky to have online ordering capabilities and outdoor space that we are able to put to use to keep us safely serving our community.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions