Cheesemonger Bedford Cheese Shop
- Date Posted August 01, 2020
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business
- Job type Full-Time
Are you an enthusiastic team player that loves the world of cheese and specialty foods? Do you enjoy exploring new tastes and sharing your passion with others? Bedford Cheese Shop is hiring a cheesemonger to help us in all things cheese in our Gramercy Park location.
Our small staff of knowledgeable cheesemongers are experts in the field who teach through taste and are dedicated to engaging and inviting interactions across the cheese counter. We are proud of our focus on individualized, education-based customer service.
Familiarity with a cheese case is strongly preferred, but not necessary.
- You are passionate about food, articulate, and have a love for all things cheese.
- You are a great communicator, team player, and will always show respect to those working with you.
- You have an understanding of stellar customer service and believe that anyone who walks into Bedford Cheese Shop should be met with a friendly greeting.
- Serve customers throughout the store: cheese, charcuterie, antipasto, prepared foods, and groceries.
- Stock and merchandise the shop - making sure it looks great all day.
- Communicate proactively with Manager about items to be ordered, fixed, customer feedback, etc.
- Grow and develop your skills and knowledge about the cheese industry overall, as well as Bedford Cheese Shop's offerings: cheese, charcuterie, antipasto, grocery, sandwiches & prepared foods, gift baskets, platters, etc.
- Tasting cheese!
- Experience as a cheesemonger strongly preferred, but certainly experience in food service.
- Basic knife skills are a plus.
- Ability to multitask and wear many hats.
- Positive energy and a go-getter attitude.
- Flexibility in scheduling - holidays, mornings, evenings, weekends.
- A desire to grow with the shop as we continue to expand, develop, and create.
- Tasting cheese!
This position can be Full-time or Part-time.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions