Line Cook The Sandwich Shop +2 more
- Date Posted August 05, 2020
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Our ideal candidate is a flexible team player who is trustworthy, professional, punctual, reliable, attentive, energetic, cheerful and courteous. It is helpful if you speak both English and Spanish. We welcome applicants with a valid work visa or U.S. citizenship status.
- Opening the Shop in the morning and restocking inventory with deliveries from our vendors.
- Preparing meats, cheeses, produce, and sauces from scratch using slicers, Crock-Pots, a pressure cooker, a countertop oven and panini presses among other simpler kitchen equipment.
- Tracking store inventory.
- Keeping your workstation clean and organized and cleaning and closing down the Shop if working the night shift.
- Ability to stand for a full 8 hour + shift and lift up to 50 pounds on occasion (don’t worry, the whole team lends a hand!)
- Ready to work on weekends and holidays.
- Positively representing The Sandwich Shop all day every day.
Qualities we look for without compromise:
- You know the business. You have one or more years of experience working on a cooking line.
- You are a problem-solver with a solutions-oriented attitude and the ability to remain calm under pressure. You thrive during a very fast paced and high volume lunch rush that would drive some people crazy.
- You are a team player but are also self-directed. You're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and jump in to help your Team.
- You're energetic, friendly and genuinely interested in making the PERFECT sandwich to delight your customers.
- You have an eye for how to optimize and improve everything around you.
- You show passion & commitment.
If you like the sound of working at the Shop, please apply using the link below and tell us a little more about yourself. Feel free to include what jobs you've had in the past and what you liked about them, what drew you to our post and anything that helps us get to know you better.
We hope to continue building a strong, enthusiastic team that is excited to grow with us as our business expands throughout the year.
Please note that the safety and security of our staff is most important to us. We are keeping close track of the COVID-19 situation in New York and are committed to following every safety protocol. We are lucky to have online ordering capabilities and outdoor space that we are able to put to use to keep us safely serving our community.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions