Hospitality Manager Little Island
- Date Posted August 04, 2020
- Location New York, NY
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming and unique public park located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14th St. Opening in spring 2021, Little Island invites all New Yorkers and visitors to experience a new public space that is designed to inspire imagination and creativity and provide visitors of all ages with a one-of-a-kind relationship with nature and art.Job description
Little Island’s food and beverage program will enhance the overall visitor experience by providing fresh, eclectic, and fun offerings for visitors of all ages. We seek an experienced Hospitality Manager to join the External Relations department to oversee the relationship with the food and beverage operator, the program’s operations, as well as Little Island’s ticketing sales and analytics. The successful candidate will be a collaborative and dynamic business manager with 3-7 years’ experience working with outside vendor(s) to build and sustain an onsite hospitality operation. This position is full-time and reports to the Director of External Relations.
- Manage all aspects of the relationship with Little Island’s contracted food and beverage operator. As the main point of contact, this individual will represent Little Island in areas such as: menu selection and pricing, facility maintenance and cleanliness, security and storage, program evaluation, inventory management, customer service and additional daily operations.
- Oversee the food and beverage operating budget, accounting, and in-park sales to ensure accurate reporting and tracking. This individual will regularly liaise between the operator’s and Little Island’s Finance Manager to support the reconciliation process.
- Analyze sales trends and data to make strategic recommendations on which food offerings should be integrated into Little Island’s operations, events, and programs.
- Ensure that all food and beverage operations are clean, safe and secure. Prior knowledge of the Department of Health standards is a plus.
- Motivate and provide additional training and guidance for our onsite outsourced food and beverage employees in an effort to uphold Little Island’s commitment to hospitality and customer service.
- Collaborate with Visitor Experience Manager, Park & Facilities Operations Manager, Head of Horticulture, and Production Manager to oversee, integrate and problem-solve the daily operations of the park
- Represent Little Island stakeholders and interests in the operator’s process of applying for and obtaining a liquor license.
- Manage the External Relations department’s off-season community events and special programs. Responsibilities include overseeing the budget, invoicing, and purchasing, as well as identifying and developing local business partnerships.
What You Bring:
- 3-7 years as a business manager for a food & beverage, events, hospitality, or catering operation, or equivalent experience
- Strong project management skills
- Proven experience building positive relationships with vendors and partners
- Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Strong collaboration communication skills and ability to convey the mission and goals of the park to professionals and the public
- Comfortable working independently and with a team outside in a park-setting
- Availability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to start Monday, September 28th (or ASAP)
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater
- Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- 15 days vacation, 7 sick, 3 personal days
- Medical, dental & vision care
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability